February 26, 2009 5:26 PM

Good night, and good luck

Covering the Avalanche/Devils game now, probably the final one of my career.

No bailout for the newspaper industry.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

• February 26, 2009

zach writes:

Well...goodbye Rocky Mountain News. Its been a fun ride. God Bless all the employees and writers.

Good night and Go Avs.

• February 26, 2009

Craig C. writes:

This is a sad day for journalism. Thanks for everything, Rick.

• February 26, 2009

Ryan B. writes:

First off, Rick, I wish you and yours all the best as you deal with the sudden news of the Rocky's demise. I worked at the Daily News in L.A. (well after you moved to the RMN).

I still have a copy of a magazine story that you wrote on the Colorado Rockies hockey team. I lived in Denver eight years and I attended a lot of Rockies games for most of the six years they existed. Former Rockies captain Gary Croteau lived on the same cul-de-sac as our family. I remember as a kid going to the team's practices at South Suburban Ice Arena, too. I have remained loyal to the franchise. When they moved to New Jersey, I became a Devils fan. Still am. I was happy to see the Devils win their first Cup in that lockout-shortened year and have enjoyed the run in 2000 and 2003. It was also tough to see the Devils lose to the Avalanche in the 2001 Cup final, but at least I knew Denver would have a Cup connection regardless of who won it that season.

I'm very sad to know that after Friday's final edition that the Rocky Mountain News won't have your wonderful reporting in print to capture the highs and lows and memorable moments of pro hockey in Denver.

I also find it very, very strange that the last game story in the Rocky will be that of a Devils victory over the Avalanche.

Best of luck to you and all of the other fine journalists, photographers and employees at the Rocky -- still the best paper in Denver in my opinion.

• February 27, 2009

Garin O. writes:

Godspeed, Rick. Truly a sad day, we all wish you and your family the best, and thank you so much for all the years.

• February 27, 2009

Buddha writes:

Rick-

Even from a Wild fan, you were always a class act. It is truly too bad that your paper could not find a way to support itself. It is even worse that the brunt is not bore by those who made the terrible decisions, but instead by the employees, like yourself, who did nothing except show up and work hard.

Good luck in whatever life finds for you Rick.

-Buddha

• February 27, 2009

Chris writes:

Rick
    I really enjoyed you over the years since i have been in Denver. I wish you the best of luck
    Keep writing Go Hockey