April 28, 2006 1:25 PM

The Rumors of Draft Day

Drew0422.gif

There's nothing quite like getting to draw Mel Kiper and Chris Berman in the same cartoon. It's always a blast when you get faces made to caricature. I considered making Kiper's hair even higher . . . but the panel I draw in wasn't big enough.

On a serious note . . . I think what the rumors have done to affect Vince Young's draft status are nothing short of criminal.

And a quick opinion about the Broncos trading the No. 22 pick. It STINKS. After bilking Denver taxpayers into building the Broncos a new stadium, owner Pat Bowlen promised Broncos fans he was doing it to remain competitive. Instead, what fans have gotten is a lousy quarterback with no class or leadership skills who is incapable of ever leading the Broncos to a Super Bowl championship and a team of leftover Cleveland Browns castoffs that will never get past the first round. Now he trades away a pick that might have actually gotten the Broncos something worthwhile with the 22nd pick or as much more valuable trade bait when teams get a little antsy under the clock on draft day. At some point, Bowlen has to be held accountable for not holding up his end of the deal.

042206drewruf.gif

• April 29, 2006

Tom Stockman writes:

*Snicker*...great 'toon. The hoopla surrounding the NFL draft amazes me. I'm not sure I agree with everything you said about the Broncs and this draft, but you do sports for a living, and I don't...I kinda like Plummer but don't think he's got what it takes to go all the way without the "supporting staff" being what actually gets it done. I do like the Brown's people we're carrying. Time will tell!

And again, deepest congrats to you and your new bride.

• April 29, 2006

MCAMP1111@AOL.COM writes:

THE BEST CHOICE OF THE DRAFT FOR THE BRONCO'S.

TWO MORE YEARS JAKE PLUMMER WILL BE HISTORY OR A BACK-UP.

GO BRONCO'S!!!!

• April 30, 2006

Tom Stockman writes:

I *really* like day one of this year's draft. I like Plummer, but he's not panned out as someone who can carry the team. Getting Walker looks great to me, and this new kid at TE sounds like a big upgrade.

Early assessments on the web by the experts seem to say the Broncs so far are the biggest winners in this year's draft.

Cool!

• April 30, 2006

Steve writes:

Great idea here. This one is going in the cube at work with some of the others (Bearded Jakes, Griese w/ Dog). I'm excited to see the cariacture of Cutler. To me he looks like a 12 year old stuck in a giant's body.. I'm eager to see your take!

• May 3, 2006

Hunter writes:

I just can't believe I actually wasted a whole 2 minutes of my life reading what stupid people think about the Broncos. I can't go anywhere and find a place that Bronco fans actually support the Broncos. It is always Bronco/Shanahan/Plummer bashing sessions along with the occasional Bowlen bash thrown in there. Not in my neck of the woods, you all must be from the other side of the mountain and beyond. Here is my thought: Maybe you should start showing support for the previously mentioned instead of always trying to portray the inevitable “doom & gloom” scenarios that almost always end in the demise of the Broncos due to the lack of coaching and leadership from their QB. I like the Broncos, Shanahan, Plummer and all. I don’t recall anybody saying anything about Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy after the Steelers put it to the Colts every bit as bad as they put it to the Broncos…. A little support would be nice, but then again, you are all experts. Especially you in the media because after all…. You have a degree and are really NY fans and are merle transplants into my beautiful state. Here is a thought…. Go home if you don’t like it. What’s that? You can’t get a job back home because there is too many of you idiots in the media to begin with? Get a real job, one that actually produces something. You can’t because you have a degree in “journalism”. Start off by sweeping the floor and work your way up. Most importantly…. Go home!

• October 3, 2006

Ein Lo Sechel writes:

I live in 70044 Las Vegas, Nevada. Have you been here before?