July 27, 2006 9:30 AM

Love at first sight

drew0727gif.gif

I grew up in west Texas (don't hold it against me). There we had two seasons. Fall football and Spring football. Oh and quarter nachos night at the Diablos baseball games but that doesn't count. So forgive me if i tend to look toward the upcoming football season with a little enthusiasm. I think a lot of people are looking forward to the Broncos season. This could be the year they return to the Super Bowl. I'd love to hear from you and hear your opinions on the upcoming season. Just leave your predictions in the comment section. I'll chime in with mine after we get a few. Let's have some fun with this everybody.

• July 27, 2006

GARY HILTON writes:

After 24 yrs in Colorado I'm sooo glad to be away from the Bronco bandwagoners, who know nothing about football other than to say duh"Go Broncos". Already your saying they will be in Super Bowl, its all so easy - long as the usual LUCKY BREAKS ocurr again. In Arizona now, and with a few Bronco breaks-- the Cardinals will go deep into the playoffs.

• July 27, 2006

Bill writes:

Bronco fans like me always look forward to the season. Wichita is sort of a melting pot of many NFL teams. ANd as fans we all would like to think and hope our team goes to the Superbowl. If anything, it is always fun to smack KC fans with "When was the last time your team went to the Big Game?" Or, "Dust that trophy off again!" I have some really close friends who are Chiefs fans and wa always get together and talk smack over great food and drink. If possible we will trek to KC and see a game (unfortunately it's easier to get seats together in package deals in KC. Anyone please tell me how to get package deals in Denver!) And yes, I am decked from top to bottom in my Denver gear , even the shoes! But back yo the team... here is what I see....1) An unproven tandem in Dayne and Bell....2) Will Walker be ready and if so, will he make it through the season... 3) Can the Corners stop allowing too many big plays... 4) Will Denver get a pass rusher that really wants to get to the QB.... 5) If Denver is behind (i.e. Pittsburg), Can he avoid the usual mistakes that always seem to occur... And 6) Lock Sauerbrun in his room!!!

• July 27, 2006

Bill writes:

A correction... on #5, that is in reference to Plummer

• July 27, 2006

That one guy writes:

AAAAAAAAAAAAhahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! The CARDINALS?!? Deep into the playoffs?!?!? Oh man, that was funny. Thanks for that, Hilton. I hadn't laughed yet all day. If the Cardinals sniff the playoffs they'll be lucky. They're gonna give up 40 points a game. But, I'm glad to have you out of town if you, seriously, are that ignorant about football. (wiping tears from from laughter).

• July 27, 2006

Fabio writes:

Although I may disagree with you on soccer, I can't wait for the NFL season to start.

I want to see Football! I dont like it when the only sport to watch it baseball

• July 27, 2006

Type O writes:

Here's what the Broncos need to do with Lelie. Option him down to the minor league team in Cleveland, and bring up Kellon Winslow.

• July 28, 2006

Z-Man writes:

Apparently there are no "Cardinal Bandwagoners" as Gary describes. Do have a bandwagon you need to build one worth jumping on from the players to the fans to the personnel to the front office.

Can you really compare ANY of the above to the Cardinals organization?

I think not... Go Broncos!

• July 28, 2006

Jeff Dial writes:

I couldn't have said it any better! Go Broncos!!!

• July 30, 2006

Steven writes:

No predictions so far, though I agree with several of the posters (Go Broncos!). I predict that the Broncos will take the AFC West (barring a horrible rash of injuries), and make a run at the Vince Lombardi trophy. I predict that they'll make it to the AFC championship again, and give them a good shot at the Superbowl. I'd say they'll win 12 games this season.

• August 1, 2006

Broncos4Life writes:

Too many bandwagon fans. People at the game need to stand up and cheer, and those people who sit behind and complain that they cannot see should go SIT and watch at home since they don't want to stand up and cheer and make some noise like Old Mile High. What, are you people afraid what others around you may think if you yell and cheer as you stand up? Lets Go True Bronco fans! lets go back to the old days of Mile HIgh Stadium, when it was almost IMPOSSIBLE for the opposing teams to win!

• October 15, 2006

Anonymous writes:

Broncos will go 15-1. Will blow out Chicago in Super Bowl 41. They will have at least 3 pro bowl picks. AFC will win Pro Bowl.