August 23, 2006 12:00 AM

Madden madness

Count me as one of the many fans of Madden football. The release date of the game (yesterday) has become such a huge deal that EA sports, the folks who make the game, started Maddenoliday because so many people actually take a vacation day to buy the game and spend the day playing it. The cartoon set up seemed like a natural. It's become that big a deal. I'd guess that perhaps as many as half the players in the NFL play the game on a regular basis. Any way I'd LOVE to hear from those of you who play Madden football whether on PS2, XBOX or PSP (that's my new venue).

I'd like to address a few concerns about the blog lately. First are the people who are leaving anonymous responses. If you feel compelled to leave a note please attatch your name to it or from this day forward I will feel compelled to remove your response. And I'm asking again that you refrain from leaving comments that are inappropriate for young readers. I love to read the feedback from Arnie but a few of the comments recently have been removed because they just aren't proper for kids who might be reading the daily cartoons. Please, I'm asking nicely to keep your comments clean or they will be removed. Thanks for reading. So let's hear it for Madden football.

• August 23, 2006

Dustin Plumb writes:

I enjoy Madden, but I find the NCAA football series to be better. I enjoy the Race for the Heisman that that brings. However, it is fun to import the players that your create from NCAA into Madden and use them in the Pros. I just find it hard to shell of 50-60 bucks for the game every year.

• August 23, 2006

Fabio writes:

hahahaha, the Broncos choke at Bears stadium? against the Bears?? that was funny

• August 24, 2006

Z-man writes:

Arnie...you knowing the Old Bears with Bears Stadium must remember the days of Billy Martin in Denver. Classic. You've got the roots! I may not agree with you, but I can still drink with you...

Back to the blog...these games are expensive. Impressive as heck from an entertainment standpoint, how can they get better EVERY YEAR? Any players out there that can compare Madden 2K5 w/ 2K6 and know and justify the upgrade?

• November 8, 2009

mumsmexushrophy writes:

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Yesterday I discovered this site:
    Rivalspot.com - Wii Live Tournaments
    They say you can play online FIFA Soccer game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
    Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?

• November 26, 2009

advototrono writes:

Sony Teases 3D Playstation 3 now, do you know that?

• November 26, 2009

advototrono writes:

New York will beam disaster alerts to Xbox gamers soon. 'Liberty City' to test emergency broadcasts via consoles reghardware.co.uk/2009/11/25/xbox_ebs/

• November 26, 2009

advototrono writes:

I've heard that the Playstation 3 systems that are now in production have no backwards compatibility with the original Playstation and Playstation 2 games. I've also heard you can install software to add backwards compatibility, and then I've heard others refute that statement. What is the real deal here?

• November 26, 2009

advototrono writes:

PlayStation 3 I believe has a built in Blue-Ray Disk player I think.So what is the difference in between the two players basically?

• November 28, 2009

advototrono writes:

What could happen? If my firewalls are on I get kicked off the server during gameplay if I even get in at all. On the Playstation Site they say to enter port numbers but I may have did that wrong so I just take them off completely but only when I play online. Help?

• November 29, 2009

advototrono writes:

I have a playstation 3 and i just got resistance 2. I am wanting to figure how we can use both playstation accounts at the same time to play co-op online.

• November 29, 2009

advototrono writes:

Sony's PS3 has hit hard times. The company has slashed production costs by 35%, yet the console still sells at a loss.

• December 30, 2009

know orange writes:

I stumbled upon this post by accident. Very interesting post, I am happy that I stayed to read this one, thanks. Please subscribe my email to thanks. Bye byee x-)

• December 30, 2009

know orange writes:

ah somehow this reminded me of the good old days when me and my friends would play sick to play online xbox together hehe. Thanks for the ancient good memories!! x-D

• January 1, 2010

Scottie Brent writes:

I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks - you cleared up some things for me!

• February 27, 2010

Hugh Lyons writes:

I like movie rental so much better than downloading, the quality is just so much better... A good service is promoted on www.daily-stuff.com, you get 50% off the first month!