September 20, 2006 12:00 AM

Pac-10 officials

How about those Pac-10 officials completely blowing the OU-Oregon game over the weekend. With the obvious on instant replay even. I know the action happens fast, but there really is no excuse for that whole mess.

OK...The debut of Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 was every bit as good as I thought it would be. The pacing was terrific, the acting excellent and the writing top-notch. It's going to be great.

Still getting used to the digs here at the News. Funny how a change of scenery can make the creative process so much different. By the way, if you want to see a great insight into how cartoonists work, check out the web site for better for worse by Lynn Johnston. It's a frame-by-frame breakdown into what it takes to create a daily strip. The process isn't that much different than mine except I don't have assistants helping me draw. Check it out.

• September 20, 2006

Chad writes:

I think this goes beyond missing a call. That one was pretty obvious. Makes you wonder what they're doing out there on the west coast.

• September 20, 2006

Mike writes:

Refs are blind! Genius! Drew strikes again! What's your next comic, calling a pitcher a bellyitcher? Are you letting your kids come up with the ideas now or have you completely checked out?

• September 21, 2006

Taylor writes:

I'd like to see how you do with a short deadline Mike. Thinking up a concept, drawing it, revising it, and then finalizing the drawing by midnight or whatever each day. I'm sure you won't be such a smart--- then. There's a reason why Drew does this for a living and uhh...you don't.

• September 21, 2006

Marc writes:

Mike...this goes beyond refs being blind. The replay official missed the call as well. If you don't like it don't read it and don't post about it. I love how these "experts" on message boards always gripe about an article or a comic, yet you don't see them getting anything published.

• September 21, 2006

Bill writes:

Everyone's a critic.... or just looking tfor anyone to complain about anything to............

• September 21, 2006

Mike writes:

How do you know I don't have anything published? As Drew is showing us, if he can do it any fifth-grader can.

• September 21, 2006

Taylor writes:

So, if I use addition and subtraction at my job, a fifth grader should be able to do my job then?

• September 21, 2006

Mike writes:

if you're adding 2+2 (which is the equivilent of what Drew is doing in this cartoon), then yes a fifth grader could do your job.

• September 25, 2006

Taylo writes:

Beating on a dead horse here...adding 2+2 is part of my job, but so is differential calculus. I guess you're right, a fifth grader could do my job or have a nationally published comic.