November 24, 2006 12:00 AM

Bozos of Blitz # 12

It's always fun to do Cornhuskers cartoons. And this just provided the perfect chance to combine two topics into one. That's the advantage sometimes of doing a strip. You can do a few things you just can't do in the single panel format. I still prefer the one panel cartoon though because you can say so much in a single image with no words or very few.

I hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend. Be sure to check out my cartoon tomorrow. I'll be taking on the BCS.

• November 24, 2006

Vic Lohrs writes:

Very clever and original -- NOT!

C'mon, Drew, certainly you can come up with something better than the tired old farmer jokes, which by the way insult the people living in the eastern three-eighths of your own state.

I suppose if one lives in a cowtown like Denver, one is filled with one's own particular insecurities, and it certainly shows here.

• November 24, 2006

GO BIG RED writes:

Here we go again with the farmer jokes! Come on Drew, these are getting old. How can you make fun of NU when your guys are what, 2-9? Maybe tomorrow you can draw a toon of a John Deer driven by a cornhusker running over a buffalo.

• November 24, 2006

Reine Stuart writes:

Thank you, Drew, for lightening the sober mood I'm sure many Denverites feel. It's not the "day after the feast" feeling, it's much more serious....our team continues to fall apart! Merci beaucoup for "drawing" the attention away from that fact.

• November 24, 2006

KCBH writes:

Cry me a river, Vic.

I live in kc and it's not a bad toon, just not very accurate.

To tell ya the truth, I can't wait until I see the "donks lose at Arrowhead" cartoon.

I might even print it out and frame it.

Thanks Drew!

• November 24, 2006

ty writes:

Drew...Apparently if you think the best food KC has to offer are dogs on a grill, you obviously never went to the herfeord house...golden ox...pierponts...(great steak houses)not to mention any of the 300 or so bbq places( oh that's right...THERE IS NO BBQ IN DENVER)...it's people like you that turned me against the broncos 25 years ago when i moved to denver...never hated them till i moved here...quit thinking the world revolves around denver...

• November 24, 2006

JakeTheFake writes:

The interesting thing with the Broncos is that they weren't that good to begin with this season. They began the season with a VERY soft schedule. They played a bunch of teams that were missing key players or just were terrible anyway. Now they are playing real teams, and Denver simply cannot compete.
    That, and Mike Shanahan has lost control of the wheel. It happens to a lot of coaches. I don't think that a change in QB will keep the Broncos from sucking the rest of the season, but it is the only move aside from asking Shanny to step down as head coach. Although, that should be an option to consider.

• November 24, 2006

Jack Swanson writes:

Drew..
    Please draw our Big Red Tractor Running over Ralphie...Love your humor now Honor our Huskers..

• November 24, 2006

Drew Supporter writes:

Ty, Vic, Big Red.......if you don't like it, don't read it. I'm sure you have somehting better to do with your lives rather than complaining and whining like little girls. Drew has been drawing cartoons like these for years in the Denver area and has built up thousands of dedicated readers who look forward to his cartoons on a weekly basis. How many other cities can say they have a "Drew Litton"???

Thanks for the many fun and fond memories over the years Drew.

• November 24, 2006

stan writes:

Drew, You forgot the part about how they own those miserable Colorado teams!!!

• November 24, 2006

Go Big Red writes:

Hey, Drew Supporter, I love Drew's toons, but he is beating a dead dog with the farmer bit and houndin on the Huskers. Drew, sure hope we see something about that whoopin the Big Red put on the creambuffs.

• November 25, 2006

Ted Unsmith writes:

Wow, that's the funniest cartoon from the funniest cartoonist in the hippest city in the hippest state in America! Thanks, Drew, for pointing out how superior we are to those dolts who put food on the world's tables. Everyone knows that what the world really needs is more hip folks like you and me who drive our Hummers to and from the ski slopes all winter long.

• November 25, 2006

artie writes:

funny, jake the fake...the broncos schedule is so soft that so far they've played all of the division leaders in the afc (winning 2), the chiefs twice (winning 1), and the defending super bowl champs...you want to see soft, look at the chargers and colts schedules.

• November 25, 2006

Drew Supporter writes:

Go Big Red, I do agree that Drew puts a lot of "farmer" jokes into his cartoons when drawing about NE. But what else should a Nebraska fan expect???? He draws for a DENVER newspaper in an area that supports the Buffaloes. I know I wouldn't expect to pick up a Lincoln newspaper expecting to see a cartoon of a Buffalo stampeding the Husker mascot after a CU win. I love his cartoons and being a Buffalo fan I love the ones where he depicts the rivalry between CU/NE (and yes, usually he's bashing the Huskers)..........but really, what do you expect?????

Congrats on a great season and I hope the Huskers represent the Big 12 North by kicking some butt!!!

....and hopefully we see a different CU squad next year that makes the game mean something by season's end. Win or Lose, those are always the most exciting games to watch!!!

• November 25, 2006

Go Big Red writes:

Drew Supporter,

Thanks for the support next weekend. As much as you Buff fans want it to be, Nebraska - CU is not a rivalry. It may be for CU fans, but not for Nebraska fans. Our rivalry is with our opponet next weekend. Any Nebraska fan would rather see us play OU the day after thanksgiving than CU. CU is just another game on the schedule. Has been and always will be.

• November 28, 2006

Mike Hagmann writes:

Drew, maybe you ought to start making fun of the Buffalo's and their fans and give us husker fans the respect we deserve. Colorado can't even sell out a 50,000 seat stadium unless they play the Huskers, the Buff fans jumped off the wagon several games ago, while the huskers sell out every game cuz of something we call tradition, which Colorado will never have. Husker fans treat opposing fans with the upmost respect each and every game win or lose. Husker fans are the best in the country and Buff fans gotta be the worst. A lot of husker fans will never attend another game in Boulder cuz of the lack of respect and ridicule we get, that is what you should be makin' fun at.

• November 29, 2006

Whine Somewhere Else writes:

I have to admit that the Husker fan genorousity is fabulous and RARE at their games.

The one thing that has peeved me over the years though is their whining and utter lack of respect for other programs....not just the Buffs. Call it ego, but how come most of the time I talk to a Husker fan they are blind to the fact that there are other teams in this nation with TRADITION, RESPECT, and A LARGE FOLLOWING. Husker fans consistentley argue they are the best around. Ever been to a game in the South???? LSU, Arkansas, even Tennessee?? Pretty strong following for a lot of those teams down there.....and they are humble too!!

I have a great respect for what the Husker teams of years past have done and the great tradition they have as well.

I have a lot of respect for the hospitality of the fans.

I have NO respect for a lot of their fans ego's though. This board is point in case.

Telling Drew to give Husker fans respect and draw them stomping the Buffs is like asking him to draw a favorable cartoon for the Raiders. THIS IS DENVER PEOPLE!!! Breakout your maps and you will see that Denver is much closer to Boulder than it is to Lincoln. (Geography 101)

I do, however, agree that Folsom is an ugly place for an opposing fan. There is "fun" ridiculing and then there is over the top. Wish it was different and hopefully the Buffs horrible season helps makes Buff fans a little more accepting. Only time will tell.