November 6, 2006 12:00 AM

Taking it on the Chin

Sometimes I wish Bill Cowher coached here. That chin is a cartoonists dream come true.

A few quick observations about the game.

1.Plummer made enough plays to quiet the Cutler talk until..oh, say, Tuesday.
2. The running game all but disappeared. With Plummer and the running game being inconsistent may I suggest Javon Walker in the single wing.
3. Does your IQ have to be lower than your jersey number to throw to Champ Bailey's side of the field ?
4.Mike Shanahan wearing glasses is oddly timed with the offense scoring points. A mere coincidence? I think not.

I'd love to hear your feedback on The Steelers game. And congratulations to The Limon Badgers. Make it 50.

• November 6, 2006

AZ bronco Fan writes:

I noticed the glasses also on Shanahan. I suggest you do a cartoon on that one. You could have fun with it. Thanks for keeping us entertained!

• November 6, 2006

Steve writes:

I live in Pittsburgh and there's nothing sweeter than running for groceries after the game in my Javon Walker jersey and watching all the Steeler fans unable to look you in the eye.

GO BRONCOS

• November 6, 2006

Bill writes:

As elated as I am about this win and seeing from the AFC championship game last year and yesterday's game, I still would like to point out that the Bromcos allowing 433 passing yards is not a sign of good things to come. I still feel Coyer has some kind of strange handling of the secondary where, besides Bailey, knows how to stay close to a receiver. I watched Indy and New England yesterday and the Patriots seemed to contain Wayne with little problem. OK so Manning threw to Harrison instead but at least the NE defense manged to contain more than they let loose where the Broncos secondary was always trying to catch up. Also New Englands front 4 got to Manning. Sometimes with 5. Yet the Broncos never touched Manning. So through my elatiion I see some concern ahead. Larry Johnson is running in his prime right now and Tomlinson is going to hurt the Broncos I believe. Ah well.... the next 3 games should be intersting to say the least.

• November 6, 2006

Steven writes:

So now we know, it's the glasses that make good teams great.

This whole bend but don't break philosophy on defense had me worried way back when Denver had only given up one TD, and it certainly doesn't impress me now. Don't get me wrong, the defense came up with big plays when they needed to, and Champ Bailey showed us all why you'd have to be madder than the Arizona Cardinals head coach to throw to his side of the field. But on the whole, it doesn't make me feel good to see Ben Rothlesburger throw for over 400 yards.

Even still it was nice to see Mike Shanahan call a few more Plummer roll outs, it seems to me the more points Denver's defense gives, the more fun our offense is to watch, so maybe the shaky bend but don't break is the kind of defense we need. As for the run game, unlike CSU, Denver doesn't just rush the ball to make sure the opponent's defense knows they still has a running back, Denver has several excellent backs, they'll be back for a solid comeback at Oakland next week.

• November 6, 2006

Bronco fan in S.D. writes:

Some one a few weeks back suggested Shanny was holding back his offense until he played Indy then he would let it loose. Maybe? All i know is even though they lost last week, they sure have been fun to watch the past 2 weeks. Hope they can keep this up and put a whoopin on the Raiders. Has any one heard how the injured secondary came out today?

• November 6, 2006

Plummer supporter writes:

I notice you give credit to everyone but Jake all of the time. You left off a bandage for Jake's 3 TD passes, and a 124 QB rating. Glad to see you have NO bias. Give me a break!!!

• November 6, 2006

Dwayne writes:

The key to the Broncos defensive success this season hasn't been holding teams to few yards, it's been the timely turnovers in the red zone. Specifically to that clunker of a shut down corner we traded Clinton Portis for. The Elway trade not counting here, that may have been the Broncos greatest trade ever.
    Take note......3 TDs passed for, no passes to the boys in black for the Snake.

• November 6, 2006

Fabio writes:

I like AZ Bronco Fan's idea

• November 13, 2006

Jack writes:

To Steve the guy who lives in Pittsburgh, I'm sure you were not running to the grocery store in your Broncos jersey last year after the AFC Championship game!