November 4, 2006 12:00 AM

The Shredded

How the Broncos bounce back from the shredding that Peyton Manning gave them last week is the story of the season. I think the Broncos are facing another MUST win game against the Steelers. And this one may be even tougher than the one last Sunday.

I still think Shanahan is so close to pulling Plummer. His Monday press conference was so telling. He chose to question the play of his Offense againt the Colts and not the defense. That, simply translated, spells trouble for Jake Plummer. I used to think he would finish the season out as the Broncos starter. I'm not convinced of that now. I think Jake's job is on the line on each snap of the ball. Not an easy way to run the show as a quarterback when you have to spend the whole game looking over your shoulder for the back up QB to come onto the field to hand you the clipboard.

Check out the blog on Monday for another Broncos cartoon and my take on the Steelers game.

• November 4, 2006

My prediction is this: If, at halftime, the Broncos are trailing the Steelers by even a point....Cutler starts the 3rd quarter. If that occurs, you will not see Plummer take another snap in a Bronco uniform unless there is an injury to Cutler, or Cutler is so unbelievably ineffective that he looks silly (and this is not going to happen). Hope you enjoyed your time at the wheel Jake.
    One other note: I think it's time that Shanahan publicly admits that he made a definite mistake by putting Plummer in charge from the start. Does Shanny EVER publicly admit he is wrong? He's overdue to say something regarding this.

• November 4, 2006

• November 4, 2006

Dwayne writes:

NEWSFLASH....JAY CUTLER IS NOT STARTING IN 2006, barring injury.
    Stay out of the prediction buisness Tom. Because I hate to break it to ya, but you ain't the Head Coach of the Broncos. Shanahan isn't ready to start Cutler, and Cutler has admitted he's not ready. When all is said and done this year, and 16 games, and whatever playoffs the Broncos are involved in are over, THEN you can call for Cutler to start.

• November 5, 2006

MJ writes:

I think John Elway would have a better shot at coming back and starting than Cutler would this year. He just isn't ready. Look at Vince Young and Leinart. They have won a few games. But both have looked like deer in headlights at times. Shanny's best move is leaving Plummer in there.

• November 5, 2006

Wow...I think I've become Dwayne's "Public Enemy Number One", eh? Okay...Dwayne...explain something to me....why do you take this stuff so seriously? Cripes....I'm just having a little fun. Loosen the jock strap already. I'm ALLOWED to poke fun at the Broncos here. It's a blog that invites that. Drew does, and a lot of other people do too. Get over yourself.

• November 6, 2006

Dwayne writes:

Joking...mmm, ok if that's what you call it. 3 TDs, 0 INTs...NO JOKE!!!