December 5, 2006 12:00 AM

A few new Wrinkles

It has taken some time for me to nail down a caricature of Shanahan that I'm pleased with. He's kind of evolved, as do all caricautres. Anyway this as close as I've come to getting to the essence of him, with all the aging he has gone throught in the past few seasons.

He's got his task cut out for him. To piece back together this team will be no easy venture. But Cutler is the right choice at quarterback. The rift between Jake and Shanahan had just grown too large (think Grand Canyon).

That Said I still see the Broncos making the playoffs. And Jay Cutler blazing a trail for the future. So don't go leaping off that bandwagon just yet. It ain't over 'til it's over.

• December 5, 2006

John writes:

Totally concur! Jay had a rough outing on Sunday. However, in comparison to Elway's debut, Cutler didn’t play too badly. We all know how Elway’s career panned out. The deal sealer for me was the pass to Marshall in the 4th Quarter. The key to that play was the speed of Cutler's pass getting to Marshall. The ball arrived in time for Marshall to do something after he caught it. Yards after the catch is what this offense is built on...Plummer's passes many times lacked velocity because he was attempting to increase accuracy. In most cases, Plummer’s receivers had to fend off defenders just as the ball arrived. I like Cutler, I like what Shanny is doing...I expect the offense to be a bit more open against San Diego this weekend.

• December 5, 2006

MJ writes:

John,

so you are saying the reason Marshall was so wide open is becuase Cutler had some velocity behind the ball? So if Plummer threw that pass Marshall would have been hit about the time the ball got there but it would have been on target? Him being that open had nothing to do with a move he put on the defender who was guarding him? Good Grief.

• December 5, 2006

Dwayne writes:

Actually I don't think Mashall would have caught the pass either. Plummer probably would have sailed it either over his head and out of bounds, or into a defensive backs hands.

• December 5, 2006

JakeTheFake writes:

Mike needs to retire. Period. He has completely lost this team. Enough said. If I were Pat Bowlen (and I'm not, so my rant means little....but....) I would pretty much tell Mike that his services are no longer needed. This is a team on a youth movement. It's time to replace the coach with a guy who is inventive in todays NFL. Mike is seriously predictable (except of course, his stupid fake field goals that get his kickers injured.)

• December 6, 2006

Dwayne writes:

Wow Jake'...you say that like Shanny calls for a fake field goal every Sunday, and Elam gets injured every time. Ease up...Elam's the one who talked him into running the play.

• December 6, 2006

Dwayne writes:

• December 6, 2006

Disgusted writes:

Oline $200(pass protection)
    Dline $300(pass rush)
    Special Teams $300
    Coaching $1K(2nd half clues)
    Broncos in Post Season =
    Worthless

• December 7, 2006

John writes:

MJ...I am not taking anything away from Marshall's play...he was incredible. I am saying the moves he made came after the catch...he just went to a soft spot in the zone the Hawks were in and planted himself. The only move Marshall put on a defender before the catch was to run past the initial coverage and find the seam in the zone. Cutler's ball arrived with enough velocity, Marshall could then do something with it after he caught it. What he did after the catch was amazing...but it was possible because of Cutler delivering the pass before the zone could collapse on Marshall. Good grief!