December 7, 2006 2:29 PM

Bozos of Blitz #14

• December 7, 2006

Harry Thomas writes:

This is a good one. I've always been a Broncos fan, and I'll remain one for the rest of my life.

I prefer winning seasons as much as anyone, but we could go 2-14 and I'd still be a Broncos fan, as long as our two wins were against the Raiders.

• December 7, 2006

scottpatrick writes:

Amen to that brother. Remember the season when we lost back to back games to the Raiders? The last game of the season and first game of the playoffs. That was the worst two weeks of my life.
    Hopefully in the next game the offensive line can solidify enough to provide protection for Cutler and running lanes for Bell-squared.

• December 7, 2006

Dwayne writes:

The difference between Broncos fans in Denver, and Cowboys fans in Dallas....Broncos fans are there through thick and thin...Cowboy fans are fair weather. When the Broncos played here in 2001 on Thanksgiving I remember seeing as many Broncos fans there as Cowboy fans. Says a lot about "America's Team".

• December 7, 2006

Steven writes:

Thanks for the cartoon Drew, I couldn't agree with you more.

• December 8, 2006

MJ writes:

Hopefully those fair weather fans just keep jumping off. John Lynch has always been one of my favorite players and when he came to Denver it was about as sweet as when Elway came to town. Hopefully he can roam the secondary for us for a few more years.

• December 10, 2006

Broken in CO writes:

I am embarrassed to be a Bronco fan right now. 28-3 at halftime........R U KIDDING ME!!! The Chargers are a great team but this is a little ridiculous.

Of course anyhting can happen.........the Broncos could make a comeback in the 2nd half but usually your team has to have HEART to be able to do that.

• December 11, 2006

G.Zimmer writes:

Bronco fans are some of the worst fans in all of the NFL! This dirty little secret is just now rearing its ugly head. This franchise has been so blessed. We've been to six super bowls, more than our fair share. We've been to Eight AFC championship games. We are talking about fans jumping off the bandwagon in a 9-7 or 10-6 season. Most fans would love an opportunity to root for a winning club. Most of the old guard, the original Broncomaniacs have gotten old enough that they don't attend games at Invesco, either that or they were priced out by increases in ticket sales. Bronco's fans, or at least the fannies in the seats, are there just as much to talk on their cell phones, drop that they were at the game around the water cooler as they are to actually watch the game. I noticed things going tragically wrong in the '96 Playoff game against Jacksonville. Fans expected to win, we weren't even standing up and cheering on defense. I couldn't give away Bronco's tickets from '92-'95. Most fans said they were "Buffs fans" or "Avs fans". Denver fans are trendy little brats. We don't deserve the standard of excellence that this franchise has given us. Jump off the bandwagon, and don't ever ever come back. 9-7 or 10-6. That's not something to be derided, but some thing to cheer for especially with a franchise quarterback for the future and coach whose own success means we've been drafting low every year. Go Broncos. We still hold our own destiny in our hands if we win our last three. Get off the orange bus California transplants!