December 30, 2006 12:00 AM

Broncos game gear

This cartoon just seemed like the one to do given the fact we are all having to dig out for the second week in a row. This one is not as edgy as I like to be but still fits the mood of the city which I try to do a lot.

I'll be drawing off of the game on Sunday so be sure to check back late Sunday night or Monday morning for the game cartoon. Speaking of edgy I hope the Broncos have kept their edge in all of this snow. This would not be a good week for a letdown.

• December 30, 2006

Bill writes:

You forgot the St. Bernard!!! Have a a happy New Year Drew and everyone!!

• December 30, 2006

Dwayne writes:

mmmm....anyone remember the last time there was snow on the ground, and the San Francisco 49ers were in town.

But remember...any fans caught throwing snowballs will be ejected. So don't get caught.

I actually had that game in mind when Cincy was lining up their eventually failed extra point attempt.

• December 31, 2006

Bronc in C Springs writes:

HEYYYYYYYY! ALL RIGHT!!!!!! BRONCOS LOSE!!!!!!

.........now we don't have to go through the embarrassment of a playoff loss. You know, you have to have heart to win in the NFL. Broncos displayed absolutely NO heart most of the season. They lose a GOTTA WIN game.......pitiful. At least I won't have to waste anymore of my time watching that heartless team play. And no, I'm not a bandwagoner......simply upset and being critical of the team I love!!!!!!

• December 31, 2006

Well.

Should I bother saying anything to Dwayne and all the others who were ripping me apart before this last and final nail in the season's coffin?

I'm going to have a cold one and toast my good fortune of not having to watch a team that sucks this bad steal a playoff spot from a deserving team. I'd rather watch Larry Johnson or an up and coming Jets team than the sorry excuse for a "team" that the Broncos pretend to be.

• January 1, 2007

Denis writes:

The Broncos didn't even have to win to get into the playoffs; a tie would suffice - they found a way to lose. At least they made it exciting.

• January 1, 2007

Z-Man writes:

Totally uninspired play.

Even worse, hearing the horrible news about Darrent Williams this morning. Absolutely tragic....

Let there be peace...

• January 1, 2007

sandman writes:

After yesterdays devastating loss Denver deserves to sit at home in Januaryfor the playoffs not contenders at all. And to make matters worst at 2:15 am this morning Jan 1, 2007 up and coming best cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed after leaving a club. So this off season Denver has to raise the bar.

• January 1, 2007

Dwayne writes:

Go ahead Tom, have ya a cold one.....
    Last time the Broncos missed the playoffs with a rookie QB at the helm....was 1983...they went 13-3 the following year.

Always a silver lining, and a positive outlook. And just like there's no spot for ugly wins, neither is there one for an ugly loss.

You win some, you lose some. And the world keeps rotating no matter the outcome.

Tommy my boy, you'd be spewing your negativity win, lose, or tie.

"I told you so" with a lose
    "They were lucky" with a win or tie.

You think I care, heck no, there IS always next year. Being eliminated from the playoffs isn't being eliminated from the NFL.

So go ahead Tommy Boy....give it to me. Give me all you got.

• January 1, 2007

Steven writes:

RIP Darrent Williams, what a horrible thing to happen.

• January 1, 2007

Harry Thomas writes:

It was sad to see the Broncos lose their 'must-win' game yesterday, against a team they should have beaten easily.

It was even sadder to hear that such a promising young man's life ended in what appears to be a random act of violence.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Darrent Williams' family and the Broncos on this sorrowful occasion. The loss of a playoff berth is nothing compared to this.

• January 1, 2007

Hang on a freaking minute, eh?

Before you all go off proclaiming Darrent Williams some kind of patron saint.....consider the alternative. What are you going to say if we find out he was the one who provoked everything. There are always two sides to every story. How do we know there aren't a bunch of dirty details that implicate Williams in many unsightly ways?
    Think for a few minutes before we just decide he's innocent. Pro athletes are always getting into messes like this. I am not a bit surprised. You go hang out at a night club (was this a strip club????) and maybe you get yourself a little hammered, and then you start talking crap to a guy who is packing heat. Maybe Williams was packing heat too. Ever think about that?
    Lets wait and see what details surface first before we start crying for this guy.

• January 1, 2007

Okay....so maybe my comments are a little insensitive.
    However....I didn't know Darrent. How many of you did? Do we ever know what these people are really like off the field? Look what happened to Ray Lewis. He's probably a murderer and is still playing in the NFL. I'm just saying this....we obviously don;t know everything about this case.