December 6, 2006 12:00 AM

The stress of BCS

I'm actually starting to like this BCS thing. I love the banter it creates, the fuss and the fighting that takes place all across America. We all know it's a failure, but what the heck. It's a good conversation piece if nothing else. I want to hear your take on the BCS. Should Michigan have gotten a second chance or as my brother-in-law Mitch likes to say, why take the risk on a Bore Bowl? Sure the matchup was close the first time, but you know it could never be that way the second time around. But I want to know what you guys think.

I worked some of the day on expense reports that are long overdue. Math and I don't get along. I learned to draw in Algebra class. The whole thing takes me completely out of synche for the creative process. (I mean on the cartoon not the expense report.) I'm still not finished and I've gotta get them done. Thankfully, I don't travel much and as late as I am with these I may not be traveling again for awhile.

Still want to hear some feedback on Jay Cutler and, hey, just want to know if you guys like the Bozos of Blitz thing I do on Fridays? Don't know if youo prefer my regular cartoons over that kind of approach. Just wondering.

• December 6, 2006

keith tucker writes:

Drew-
    I personally like the one panel cartoons. You sum things up so simply. Just one guy's opinion. Keep doin' what cha do!!
    Thanks

• December 6, 2006

Kip Sheppard writes:

I am a huge Michigan fan, but under a playoff system they would most likely not have received a chance either because they did not win the Big 10 - unless of course they have wild cards. There would of course be controversy in that scenario as well.

• December 6, 2006

kip mathison writes:

take the top 16 teams; re-seed after each week; top ranked team plays at home. Championship game at neutral site. Only real problem is who is number 16, not who is number 2.

• December 6, 2006

Meaghan writes:

Love the Bozos of Blitz. As for the BCS, someone still needs to explain to me how USC loses to TWO unranked teams (Oregon State & UCLA) and still remains in the top 10?!?

GO OHIO STATE!!

• December 7, 2006

Josh writes:

because the media is absolutly in love with usc. there is no controversy this year. it worked. michigan had a chance and lost. if you dont win your confrence you dont get a shot at the national championship. i love the Huskers, but they NEVER should have been in th NCG in 2001 because we didnt win our confrence and ou should not have been there in 2003 cause they didnt win the confrence. therefore michigan shouldnt be there this year cause they didnt win their confrence.

• December 7, 2006

tom stockman writes:

The Bozos works fine as a change-up, I like the switch to Cutler even if the Broncs still tank the rest of the season, & your line about "I learned to draw in Algebra class" is great.

And I couldn't care less about the BCS. I'm neither entertained nor tired of the controversy, I just don't care.

I read a column in one of the papers yesterday about teams expressing interest in Helton, & saying there are now concerns about his return to his earlier form, due to health.

What's your opinion about the Toddster? Is he likely to return to being the best 1st baseman in baseball, or is this a permanent change?

PS There's a problem on the "post your comments" page...it says my email address is optional, but then it requires the email anyway...

• December 7, 2006

MJ writes:

Didn't we see this same toon, or something very similar last year with Texas-USC?
    The reason USC is still in the top 10 is becuase it is USC. When you have Will Ferrel, That dude who was married to Jessica Simpson, and other celebs strolling the sidelines, you can't drop them. It is Hollywood. I hate USC but that is how it will always be.

• December 7, 2006

scottpatrick writes:

I like the Bozos of Blitz they mirror my own split personality where one side is cursing Cutler for throwing an idiotic interception and the other side saying,"calm down the offensive line has backups at tackle, and he looks better than Rex Grossman".

• December 7, 2006

Steven writes:

I'm good with all your stuff Drew, and I think that Florida has done plenty to get in, if Michigan had won against Ohio, I'd be all in for the rematch, but not now. Give someone else a chance.