February 5, 2007 12:00 AM

Gummy Bears

Maybe it was the rain. Maybe it was style of play. Maybe it was just me. But Super Bowl XLI will not be on my list of all-time great games. So Peyton Manning finally has his Super Bowl ring and Tony Dungy finally has the respect he has deserved for so long. Just chalk me up as somebody who is not a fan of the dink pass which I think is what Manning does best. Give me thrills and chills and nail biting excitement, none of which was found in this game (ok, I'll give you Hester's kickoff return).

I'm still not sure I even had a favorite ad which is unusual. Normally there are several which really stand out but I thought must of them were just average. Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts about the game, so be sure to leave some comments.

I'll be on FSN Rocky Mountain tonight at 7 or 7:30. Take a peek if you want. I can tell you that Drew Goodman (who did the interview) is absolutely one of the best in the business. His questions were thought provoking and he had done his homework on some of the cartoons I've done here at the Rocky. I'll be back tomorrow with another cartoon.

• February 5, 2007

Drew....

Manning is far from a "dink pass" QB. Peyton's first TD was a bomb to Reggie Wayne. Then, guess what? The Bears played a protect defense. Manning took what the defense gave him in this game, and was maybe conservative, yes. It was raining. Throwing deep balls into coverage gets you what Grossman got....Interceptions.

Rex was outmatched. He broke under the pressure.

Peyton simple took the 8-10 yard outs that Chicago gave him. They also ran the ball down the Bears throats with the 2-Back Attack.

All in all....a GREAT Superbowl. Well fought by two good teams with no prima-donna crapolla thrown in. A great offense against a great defense. Manning just worked it and the Colts defense showed up bigtime when it really counted. They've been maligned all year....but they stepped up to the challenge.

I loved it.

I hated every freaking ad, by the way. What a huge waste of money. I think of all the people in Florida and other places that could use $2 Million bucks here and there every 30 seconds to rebuild a community. I mean....that is flat stupid. Can't these companies do something better with that kind of cash?

• February 5, 2007

MJ writes:

If Good Rex has shown up, maybe it would have been a little closer game. Anyway, I am glad Peyton and Dungy finally got their ring. Now hopefully we wont have to hear about it all year long. Tom I agree. Take all that money they spent on ads and send it to those folks outside Orlando who have nothing left. Although, the rock,paper,scissors Bud Light ad was pretty good.

• February 5, 2007

Harry Thomas writes:

Loved the Urlacher jersey on the Bear.

Commercials were pretty dull this year. The Bud commercials were the best, but I missed the Clydesdale football commercials. All of those were great ones.

It was nice that they did a moment of silence for the Florida tornado victims. However, I have to agree with CNNSI columnist Peter King that some sort of tribute should have been made during the week for Darrent Williams. It was a prime opportunity to express caution not only to the players but to the impressionable youth watching the game that murder is not an acceptable method of showing your mettle after someone has insulted you.

• February 5, 2007

Harry Thomas writes:

Of course, the Colts' win means that we have to sit through another year of kick-me-in-the-teeth Peyton Manning commercials. The guy is more commercial than water, to quote Dan Jenkins ('Semi-Tough').

• February 5, 2007

Chizzie writes:

MJ the Colts have said they will donate money and materail to those people in central Florida. I also hear that NFL will also.
    Ads were as dull as Prince at halftime. The only ad that got me stray dog, that got to be a dalmationThe Better team won the game. Urlacher was a poor loser after the game. Manning was awesome. Now noone can say he chokes in the big game. COLTS RULE!!!!

• February 5, 2007

Drew writes:

Just a quick note. I took Monday off and so my next cartoon will be Wednesday.
    Thanks