February 3, 2007 12:00 AM

Spicing up the Super Bowl

drew0203.gif

It's been a pretty quiet week at the Super Bowl. Hopefully the game will better than the banter has been.

I predict the Bears will win 24-21 in the games first ever overtime. It's all about the defense. Besides, I'm an Urlacher fan.

Hey I'm supposed to be on FSN on Monday night with Drew Goodman at 7 or 7:30. He was incredible and we talked about a lot of Denver sports history. Check it out.

I'll be drawing live off of the Super Bowl on Sunday night so I'll have a new cartoon on Monday morning. Until then, have great weekend.

• February 3, 2007

MJ writes:

These 2 guys are the classiest guys in the league. I sure wish both of them could win the Super Bowl.

• February 3, 2007

Urlacher is a great player.

But i think Indy has far too many weapons on offense.

Besides the fact that Grossman has been, well....just kind of gross....man.

Rex is too inconsistent this year for me to believe he'll do anything but lay an egg at some point during the game. I see Manning leading Indy to a convincing 42-17 win.

Just tossing that out there as a score, but I don't see the game being as close as most are predicting it to be.

• February 3, 2007

Bronc in C-Springs writes:

I don't think the game will be as close either.

I go with the Colts in a commanding 34-24 win.

• February 4, 2007

Distant Fan writes:

Chicago will win if they can keep knocking down Manning.
    Otherwise he will perform surgery on Chicago's backfield

• February 4, 2007

Mike writes:

Heh.

• February 4, 2007

Well....I was close on the prediction.

I was very surprised at this game.

Looked like the Keystone Cops game during the first half.

Things settled in...which is always dangerous against the Colts. Mayhem is not to the Colts likeing. The Bears thrive on it.

Once things got back on a level in the 2nd half, the Colts were just destined for the win.

Grossman, as I predicted and predicted, laid an egg on his snap fumble. That was the dagger. The interceptions later in the game were bad, but the smap fumble was the game right there.

I'm proud of Tony Dungy and the Colts. I am also proud of Lovie Smith for being so gracious in his post game comments. He is a true professional.