March 14, 2007 11:45 PM
Spring Training 2007 Day 6
This wraps up my cartoon sketchbook from Arizona. It's been a lot of fun to spend some time getting a glimpse of the team and what lies ahead for them. I've got a few parting thoughts about Spring Training to leave you with.
1. I think the Rockies will be entertaining and, yes, somewhat competitive to watch this season. They've patched a few holes in the bullpen, their young talent looks like it is maturing and Helton looks healthy and ready to play.
2.Remember the name Tulowitzki. You might hear it in an all-star lineup someday.
3.Chris Ianneta will be the best catcher the Rockies have seen since Joe Girardi.
4. Pitcher Jason Hirsh will make us all forget Jason Jennings.
5. The games between the Rockies and the Padres will go 15 rounds. There will be a brawl, just a matter of when.
6. The Rockies will probably finish 3 or 4 in the division.
7. Bring sunscreen to avoid coming home beet red.
8. Try Chuy's and El Charro if you are in Tucson.
9. In with the Helton beard out with the Plummer one.
10. Pray for new Rockies owners.
My next cartoon will be Saturday when I tackle the topic of Bracketology.
Just a light sketch about twin sons of different beards