March 27, 2007 12:00 AM

Theismann unplugged

I won't miss Joe Theismann doing Monday Night Football. He was always too smug and self important for my tastes. I often heard criticism about Monday Night Football directed at Tony Kornheiser. Personally, I'm a big Kornheiser fan, but I think one of the reasons he wasn't very good last year had more to do with Theismann than it did with Kornheiser. Theismann wouldn't shut up long enough to let anyone else talk. Thankfully, that's no longer a problem.

• March 27, 2007

B-red writes:

Well done, Drew. Theismann was one of the worst commentators out there...just another guy who loves to hear himself talk.

• March 27, 2007

Joe Theismann writes:

Drew is the best cartoonist in history. I love this guy! Did you see what he drew here? Amazing. Some people are just born with it. Let's look at that again. Didn't I tell you at the beginning of the show that Drew was good? I mean, this guy is great! The ear plugs, the old TV. He has the details.

• March 27, 2007

Jackie writes:

Great job, Drew! I couldn't have said it better myself.

• March 27, 2007

tpbirdie1 writes:

Thank God Theismann is gone. Now if they would get rid of Kornheiser they would have the start of a good broadcast team. Anyonw would be better than listening to Kornheiser prove he knows nothing about football and cares more about his jokes. By the way-I might have to watch a game this year now that Theismann is gone.

• March 27, 2007

Bellyboater writes:

Maybe your best yet, Drew. And that's saying a lot. We finally get rid of the obnoxious motor mouth sports analyst, but we're still stuck with the obnoxious motor mouth sports philosopher.

• March 27, 2007

Duck writes:

Theismann wasn't even a very good QB. What made him look good was a coach (Joe Gibbs), a RB (Riggins) and a WR (Monk).

Theismann now has no stage to feed his enormous ego. Good deal.

• March 28, 2007

MJ writes:

They need to put MNF back on ABC.

• March 31, 2007

good ol' george writes:

Now if Monday Night Football would get rid of Hank Williams Jr. off the intro, all would be right with the world.

• April 2, 2007

Brian writes:

First Michael Irvin and now Theismann. NFL commentary on ESPN is already starting to sound better. I think Kornheiser is funny although I didn't appreciate his sheep joke when he did the Broncos/Ravens game last year.

Thank goodness Theismann is gone!