April 3, 2007 12:00 AM

Opening Day 2007

drew.0403toon.gif

This page of cartoons about sums it up for me on the Rockies current situation. Doing a whole page of cartoons doesn't give me much time to polish the artwork so I try and make the concepts in each panel as concise and simple as I can. In this case they say exactly what Iwant to say about the franchises ownership, which is the worst in baseball.

Let me add this. I'm a Clint Hurdle fan so I'm glad to see he will get a little longer, at least contract wise, to mold this team. That said, I am totally perplexed as to why the Monforts would make this move on Opening Day.

I'd love to hear from you about the Rockies debut.

• April 3, 2007

Misled writes:

Well,
    Some things never change.
    That's....um....that's about it. Sorry to say.

Ugh.

**Sigh**

• April 3, 2007

RG writes:

Did the Rockies play yesterday? It's hard to get excited about a bunch of losers every year. I'm not talking about the players there great but from Hurdle up they stink up the place. We have the Arizona Cardinals of baseball, they will never amount to anything until ownership changes.

• April 3, 2007

Hoppman writes:

The cartoon pretty much sums up the Monforts ownership of the Rockies. The only thing I disagree with is the Helton cartoon. I believe Helton should go as he is way overpaid for what he delivers. Jason Jennings will be a far bigger loss than Helton would have been. The talent dump will continue when teams start trying to trade for Holliday and Atkins and the Rockies trade them for two AA players to be named later and a bag of bats.

Why does Ringolsby continue to spout the Rockies line? I have never ever heard him criticize the Rockies moves.

• April 3, 2007

jimboelrod writes:

161 more games to go...I'll make my judgement a couple of weeks after the All Star break. I still think 88-74 and at least some meaningful baseball in September!

• April 3, 2007

LOUIE writes:

DREW,

ONE OF YOUR BEST YET
    YOU MUST BE MORE OF A BASEBALL FAN THAN I THOUGHT !!!

THINK THEY CAN WIN
    50% OF THEIR GAMES THIS YEAR?

• April 5, 2007

I couldn't have said it better myself! Rockies ownership is embarrassing.

• April 9, 2007

Dennis Hoey writes:

Dear Mr. Litton, Your cartoon of "Opening Day - Me and My Shadow" brought back fond memories. Is there someway that I can possibly get a print of this cartoon? Please let me know what I need to do. Thanks, Dennis Hoey Phone (407) 497-4345