May 16, 2007 9:25 AM

A Broncos' recruiting trip

• May 16, 2007

good ol' george writes:

The Broncos shouldn't try to get Ricky Williams to play for them. Besides, playing in Denver would be redundant - Williams is already high.

• May 16, 2007

Beauty Drew!

Ricky would be a perfect fit for what the Broncs are seemingly trying to build here. A new kind of Mile High Club. Is there anyone else they might be missing? Maybe they should try and land Pac-Man Jones while they're at it.
    Why stop with just pot smokers? Lets get some real serious law breakers in here, eh?

• May 16, 2007

mo writes:

with all the new demand coming from florida to denver, pot prices will soon go through the roof...for this reason the broncs should pass on williams.

• May 17, 2007

Jerry writes:

No, this isn't about getting Ricky Williams, it's a snide side-comment about the Broncos having two new rookies that both burned urinalysis tests while in college. The jury is still out on whether or not Jarvis or Marcus will be character problems. Ricky, on the other hand, will likely never be anything but.

• May 17, 2007

Bronco Fan in Texas writes:

I'm at a loss as to why "TOM" even gets on this website if he hates Colorado and Colorado sports teams so much. I'm convinced that the Broncos could win the Superbowl, the Nuggest the NBA championship, the AVS the Stanley Cup (AGAIN), and the Rockies...well nevermind the Rockies and he'd still have the same tacky pablum spewing out. This seems to be a man who is perpetually unhappy.

• May 17, 2007

Good Grief writes:

Drew, kind of over played the pot card and the Broncos, don't you think?

• May 17, 2007

Tank writes:

I agree with Good Grief. Love you and your 'toons, Drew, but you are already assuming that the two draft picks are guilty until proven innocent. Hopefully, you will be eating crow, and I'm betting you will be.

• May 17, 2007

Canderous writes:

Tank,

I could have sworn that both of the guys that were drafted have already been caught and suspended in college at one point. One of them was even caught twice, so I think that story goes a little beyond the point where anything needs to be proven. Ricky Williams has already had a LONG history of it, wouldn't you say? I'm having a hard time giving him the benefit of the doubt after he has been busted for about the 900th time.

Not that I don't agree that maybe the pot card has been overplayed.

• May 17, 2007

Bronco Fan in TX....

You are apparently new here if you don't know why I rip on Colorado sports teams.

But, just for you...I'll repeat.

I just think it's fun.

Do I really need a bigger reason?

Most of these franchises are either run by complete dolts or have players on them with questionable character. So, I actually don't hate the teams themselves, but rather, i have disdain for individuals on these teams. People tend to disagree with me here because I dissect things in my own way and with my own personal thoughts on the subjects that Drew brings to light in his drawings. So, if you really don't like what I have to say, then I will simply suggest that you refrain from reading my comments.

• May 18, 2007

Bronco Fan in Texas writes:

Tom, you are right, I am new to the discussions. Thanks for your explanation. It's hard to hear your laughter in the printed word. I have the same disdain for those players, by the way.

• May 18, 2007

Tank writes:

Canderous,

I knew that the 2 new Broncos in question had troubles in college. I'm just hoping that they don't become another Pacman and continue their ways. I'm willing to forget the past and I hope they have cleaned up their act. ONE chance! And I was not defending Ricky Williams. He is a lost cause.

• May 18, 2007

Canderous writes:

I think Shanahan made a decent point about the two actually getting caught. They have experienced the suspensions and consequences of getting caught first hand, while many in the college ranks have not and probably do not expect to.

I would be hard pressed to find someone that didn't believe that most of the draftees that were drafted this year alone smoked pot at some point during college.

• May 18, 2007

No problem Bronco Fan....

I just rip on players, coaches and team owners/executives that just seem to not care about the common fan that pays their way.
    Those people are self important and cannot see that the reason why they have the multi-million dollar contract is because of people who buy tickets etc.
    Now...I don't go to pro sporting events, and rarely watch them on television. But, I still keep up with the news enough to know what's going on.
    For example....LeBron James. Let's take him for example.
    He missed several shots down the stretch in one of the Nets/Cavs games that Cleveland ended up winning. He missed IMPORTANT free throws.
    He gets PAID ungodly sums of money to make those type of shots.
    Then, at the end of the game, he was interviewed, and said something like "WE pulled it out."
    Ummm.....no LeBron. Your TEAMMATES got your ass off the hook, because you were trying to be a big man and get your ass on SportsCenter instead of realizing it wasn't your night to make shots. You were just like Kobe Bryant. You don't share the ball well when you have a chance at the spotlight. LeBron took credit for something he had no business taking credit for.
    It reminds me of a Denver Nugget that we are all familiar with. And, yeah....it makes me sick.

• May 22, 2007

Kevin writes:

I am sorry, I thought the purpose of pro sports was to win, not hand wringe over minor charactor issues. They did it, they got caught (and punished), and appeared to be good values for the price. I am more concerned about the incidents with Kircus and Marshall than the two draft picks that tested positive in college.