May 30, 2007 6:00 AM

Broncos and the truth

drew5307.gif

WOW writes:

Still beatin on the Broncos. How about something and the Rockies winning a few. Oh wait, that is something positive. We would never see that.

Rdstar writes:

Hey WOW, if you don't like the cartoons then don't read them and keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. Good one Drew!

Bobby writes:

Good post WOW - I couldn't agree with you more. The cartoons used to be good - now they suck most of the time.

Rob writes:

It's hilarious that most negative comments are begging for something positive.

MJ writes:

I cannot believe Shanny gave him a lie detector test. That is crazy.

Accountability writes:

What a sham! Then people wonder why these guys walk around feeling invincible. I'm not saying they should be role models but then people wonder why these players act like they can do whatever they want. They are affected by what they care about most. The game. They are not treated the same as anyone else. Yet they expect the fans to back them cause that's what a fan is supposed to do? they even tell tales like "We are just human we make mistakes." If they truly believed this then they would spend more time being accountable and less time saying sorry or making up ways to get out of their mistakes.

Drew writes:

Just a brief comment about negativity in cartooning. Cartoons, by their very nature, take negative things and make fun of them. Do we feel sorry for Wiley Coyote everytime he falls off the cliff or has a rock land on his head? No. We usally laugh ourselves sick because the stupid sap is getting it again. That's the nature of the beast. I'm completely befuddled by comments about the cartoons being too negative. That's what makes a cartoon work. The whole idea is to poke fun of a situation like this that is totally absurd. Don't get me wrong, I'm always open to everyones opinion. I just thought I'd give you some background as to how the artform works. The only cartoon I can think of that isn't born of something a bit negative is Mutts by Patrick McDonnell. It's a great strip but relies on sweetness to do it's job. Mine are more editorial and therefore have more bite and sarcasm to them. Anyway, thanks for your comments and for reading win, lose & Drew.

• May 30, 2007

I've said it before about other things Shanny has done.

He has totally lost his mind, and I will not be surprised if he isn't coaching the Broncos next season.

That said....I still wonder why Kircus has not been shown the door. It's a privledge to play pro football. Not a right.

MJ writes:

Tom, I think they signed Shanahan to an extension, so I doubt he will be going any where. I do agree though that he is getting crazier. But maybe lie detector tests are normal in the sports world and we just don't hear about it. Or Mike is way off his nut.

Rob writes:

Assuming Kirkus is being straight, I guess it's a step up that a football player is beating up someone other than their girlfriend. And what about the guy that administrated the test? F.B.I.? Fake Broncos Investigator?

Rob writes:

I mean really, isn't it about time that the NFL Network started talks with Jerry Springer's agent about starting a new talk show?

• May 30, 2007

Contract extension or not.....

Shanny is falling a few bricks short of a complete wall these days.

Bowlenesque writes:

Shanny is crazy like a fox and can coach the Broncos for as long as he wants. As for most of the Broncos haters above, go hang out in the raider scum blogs where you all belong.

Funny cartoon!!!!

Jacob writes:

Completely agree with you bowlenesque, it seems like the win lose & drew site has become the homepage for bronco haters. So what if Kircus punched a guy in the face? What little kid is looking at him and saying "I wanna work at Subway for 4 years and then earn a special teams job in the NFL." He has no responsibility as a role model, it's guys like Michael Vick who need to be concious of the roles they have in society. And what are these "bonkers" moves you all speak of? I guess it's stupid to sign a RB who averages 1200 yards per year and a tight end who is widely beleived to be the best blocking TE in football. And I'm sure that we would have won the super bowl last year with Jake Plummer. Which is better? Getting blown out in the first round by the Colts again? Or giving your rookie qb some much needed experience in must win situations. I would take the latter 10 times out of 10. To the majority of people that post on this board: DON'T COMMENT IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT