May 1, 2007 6:00 AM
Broncos: Up in Smoke
Some cartoons just beg to be drawn. This is one of those. The cartoon comes after the Broncos weekend of drafting two players who have had previous drug infractions. The Broncos logo just needed a little tweaking to make it work.
I followed the draft on Saturday and, yes, I watched the entire first round. All seven days of it. Anyway here's a few thoughts about the NFL draft.
* If the U.S. is looking for new sources of oil it should try drilling Mel Kipers hairline.
* Q. What do Wiley Coyote and Brady Quinn have in common ?
A. They both fall a long, long way.
* The Raiders Best draft move? Trading Randy Moss before he pollutes the upbringing of JaMarcus Russell.
* Remember the name Johnnie Lee Higgins. He's the WR the Broncos should have grabbed before the Raiders did in Round 3.
* If Jarvis Moss and Marcus Thomas both help to revive the Broncos pass rush I already have the nickname...Gator-aid.
The Broncos will regret not taking a linebacker instead of tackle Ryan Harris.
* Q. What do Noah and Brady Quinn have in common ?
A. They both waited for 40 days and 40 nights.