May 4, 2007 6:00 AM

Slide of the Yankees

• May 4, 2007

OgreC writes:

As a life long Yankee fan, all I can say is... Ouch!

• May 4, 2007

Iz writes:

There is still a lot of ball left to play.

I hope you have a RISE of the yankees cartoon ready for the end of the season

• May 4, 2007

Dan writes:

I hope the slide continues, all the way to the bottom for a long, long time!

• May 4, 2007

Good. Please let it continue and please, let's not watch MLB go into their "Save The Yankees" mode. I'm unconvinced that MLB won't step in and make sure the Yanks are in first place by July 4th. It happens nearly every year. Why can't they just be on a slide all year already? Ugh.

• May 5, 2007

good ol' george writes:

Yankees lost 15-11 to the M's. The slide is continuing, all season long. And Roger Clemens won't be able to stop it, because he doesn't want to be part of this mess. $200 million can't buy happiness, love, or a World Series.

• May 5, 2007

eric jennings writes:

Drew,

I really enjoyed this cartoon, particularly because I'm a life-long Mets fan and my older brother worships the Yankees.

Eric

• May 5, 2007

I just have this thought ringing in my head that somehow, someway, the Yanks are going to be in 1st place not so long from now. And it won't be because thay did anything, but rather that MLB and Uncle Bud will decide enough is enough and they need the ratings for the ALCS/WS so of course, the Yanks being the biggest TV draw.....it's better for MLB that NY is in the playoffs.
    The thought sickens me, but it's business as usual every year.

• May 7, 2007

Good God.

$28 Million for two thirds of a season from Clemens, and he gets to skip a few road games when he wants so he can spend time with his family?

The Yankees continue to embarrass themselves and the game. How about the also bring back Sheffield for $60 Million over 3 years for old times sake. Or lets go sign Rivera to an extension worth $173Million over the next 4 years. Extend Torre to the next 25 years at $15Million per year.
    They should then be adding Adam Dunn for 20 years at $580 Million just so the Reds can't have him.

Enough is enough.

A HARD SALARY CAP please.
    No more of this B.S. Luxury tax crap. It doesn't apply to the Yanks the way it does everyone else and fans are simply tired of this stupid game.

• May 7, 2007

MJ writes:

Those poor Yankees. They haven't spent quite enough money so they throw it to a washed up should be retired pitcher. Don't get me wrong, I think Clemens was a great pitcher, but that was a few years ago. But I guess if Steinbrener gave me 26$mil for a few months of work, I would take it. I agree Tom, baseball needs a salary cap and fast.