August 3, 2007 6:00 AM

Broncos roster

drew0803.gif

• August 3, 2007

Mark writes:

Drew, I think you made a mistake. I believe the team you meant to refer to is the Rockies.

• August 3, 2007

950 the Fan was having a discussion this morning about who on the Broncos roster would be Hall of Famers eventually.

They were saying there were 4 players that would be.

Champ Bailey, Matt Lepsis, Rod Smith and Jason Elam.

Champ Bailey has never won anything.
    Matt Lepsis is a decent offensive lineman, but very few OL's get in the HOF.
    Rod Smith....ehhhh.....he had Elway. Any wide receiver could have done the same thing given the same opportunity at the same time.
    Elam? He's a kicker. Big deal. Who cares? He also had Elway to get him into range for his dink shots.

The Broncos will be waiting a long time for a Hall of Famer. And none of the players on the current roster have a real shot. If Art Monk (as an example) has had to wait as long as he has and not get in, none of these players has a shot at all.

• August 3, 2007

Bronc in C Springs writes:

Fair enough Tom. What's your thought on Bronco greats of years past?? I was listening to 1300 (tony D) last night and he was talking about the 9 "most successful" franchises (based on most wins). Obviously the Broncs were among the 9. In fact, when looking at the "averages" of the 9 teams (winning %, playoff victories, etc) the Broncos were "above grade"..........all except for 1 mark. The HOF. EACH team included in the study had at least 7 players currently in the HOF. The Broncos............1......and we all know who that is.

Not 1 player from the orange crush d (which amazes me). Some of these guys (randy gradishar) were not only class acts but their stats are astounding as well. And unlike most athletes of today, these guys were honest, hardworking athletes. Karl Mecklenburg, Louis Wright, Randy Gradishar, Rulon Jones, Sammy Morris (ok, just kidding on the last one......though he was a hardnosed player).

Do the Eastern Media HOF vote casters have something against Denver???

• August 3, 2007

Bronc in C Springs writes:

And I agree with you on Art Monk. I don't see how Michael "White Stash" Irvin got into the HOF before him. Just shows what a joke these HOF vote casters are these days.

Art Monk was a professionals professional. Just went about his business quietly in becoming (at the time) the most prolific receiver in league history.

• August 3, 2007

Bronc in C Springs writes:

Sammy Morris??????? Sorry, meant Sammy Winder (jk) in my 1st post. It's Friday, I've had a few, sue me.

• August 3, 2007

Past Broncos have been screwed. I just don't agree that any of the current roster necessarily deserves a spot. At least, it's premature to put them in that category.

• August 4, 2007

Mike D writes:

Tom,

When it comes to Champ, I have two questions.

One, are you really suggesting you judge a CB based solely on the success of his team?

Two, if Champ plays two to three more years as unquestionably the best DB in the NFL, and arguably the best defensive player, will you not admit he deserves induction?

• August 4, 2007

drew d writes:

What about John Lynch or Tom Nalen

• August 4, 2007

1. Yes.

2. No, I will not admit that he deserves induction.

Cheers.