August 31, 2007 6:00 AM

Rock-a-bye Baby

drew0831.gif

The news of Travis Henry's rather large family (9 children) was everywhere this week and so I felt compelled to weigh in on the topic. I realize it's a serious and sensitive subject which, of course, makes it prime cartoon material.

• August 31, 2007

good ol' george writes:

Maybe Travis Henry should compare notes with Shawn Kemp

• August 31, 2007

Brian writes:

That is his private business until such time as it becomes a public affair (lawsuit etc).

In other words, who cares?

• August 31, 2007

Jeremy writes:

Brian - clever play on words using the word "affair" for a matter involving a multiplicity of women. Whether intentional or not, it's an amusing, if not 100% linguistically accurate little pun.
    On the serious side, a "Public Affair" is exactly what it is. After all, the only reason the topic is public knowledge is due to an alleged failure to pay child support, landing Henry in public court.
    As for the "who cares" quip, I haven't yet seen a writer compare Henry to Noriega, Bundy or the Riadys – that is, the situation is not being over-dramatized, over-emphasized, or over-hyped. It has merely been pointed out that he is a poor role model for men to follow. To many, a high-profile athlete who sets a negative example for the young and not-so-young is a point worth caring about.

• August 31, 2007

Well, at the very least, the Broncos have a tailback who knows how to "hit the hole" repeatedly, eh?

Travis Henry is a total clown. Shanahan continues to amaze. First, there's Maurice Clarett with his guns, the Jarvis Moss as the resident dope fiend, and now the resident baby-maker in Henry.

Great tradition you're trying to build here Shanny!

• August 31, 2007

Kurt writes:

Tom,

you are way out of Line with a comment like that!

I have read your crap on here for the past year, granted I like some of your insights into the rockies and denver sporting, but you have no business saying things like that!

I know your just here to stir up the pot, and I shouldn't read your trash, so don't come back with that childish excuse.

If I was women and I read that, I would be offended.

Total clown? dope fiend...okay so the young man made a mistake....opps guess you never did anything like that!

What does Travis Henry having nine kids have anything to do with the broncos other then he is on the team? Seriously?

• August 31, 2007

Father writes:

Ha ha! Kurt got all sad. Quit crying like a father-less baby Kurt, no one cares.

• August 31, 2007

Thrawn writes:

I laughed at Tom's comment.

As for the issue itself, i stopped caring about character issues a while ago. I'm getting used to the idea of criminals across the sports world. Henry has been the butt os some of my jokes for the last week or so.

Just wait until Henry's kids end up filing a class action lawsuit on him for their college funds.

• August 31, 2007

bronco militia writes:

ha ha!

and a 'ha ha' for Tom

• August 31, 2007

Jeremy writes:

Tom,
    I normally give you a hard time, but your comments have been really superb the last couple months. Note in this instance Marcus Thomas is the so-called "resident dope fiend" rather than Moss as you write, but a solid comment nonetheless.