August 9, 2007 6:00 AM

Romeo and Juliet

drew0808.gif

These kinds of cartoons are my favorite ones to do. I like to refer to them as refrigerator cartoons. That's where you hope they end up after you draw them.

• August 9, 2007

Well done Drew. Reminds me a lot of my next door neighbor.

• August 9, 2007

Mike writes:

Drew ...you should look up what 'wherefore' means in this scene by ol' Shakes.
    To quote Mr. Montoya 'I don't think that word means what you think it means.'

• August 9, 2007

Mark Doty writes:

Football season starts tonight!

• August 9, 2007

Gregg writes:

Another "Scandal League" begins play tonight, you mean.

• August 9, 2007

WildBill writes:

"Wherefore" means "why". So she asks, "Why are you Romeo?" and he replies, Busy"???? Juliet never asked "where" Romeo is. She asked "why?"

• August 10, 2007

Brian writes:

I used to make those statements when I was married. Now I get to go get my beer myself.

• August 10, 2007

Gregg writes:

Oh good guys.....

Rip on Drew a little more.

As if you've never said a word out of context before.

• August 10, 2007

Mike writes:

I never said a word out of context before in a major metro paper. face it, the standards are higher with him and if you're gonna quote Shakes you should get it right.
    WildBill is right, she's asking 'why' he's romeo -- why the person she's in love with has to be the one person she CAN'T love.
    the cartoon makes no sense.

• August 10, 2007

Gregg writes:

Mike....man....

Calm down.

Go listen to some Enya or Yanni.

Take a bubble bath or something.

Pay someone to give you a hug.

Sheesh.

• August 10, 2007

Drew writes:

Geez...I guess I should think twice before trying Shakespeare again. Folks, its a cartoon, meant to be a light funny approach to a topic. Here's the inside scoop. My wife, Marcia, studied Shakespeare at CU, taking multiple classes about his plays, his life and his writings. Shes quite well versed in the whole thing.I showed her the cartoon before it published and she found it hysterical. So having her stamp of approval was good enough me. So there you have it.

• August 10, 2007

Michael writes:

Great CARTOON Drew! It is a cartoon and it is sad that the 'Monday morning' cartoonists need to come out and nit pick. The underlying meaning is quite clear and it is hilarious. Great job even if the technical meaning is a little iffy.

• August 10, 2007

LOUIE writes:

FOR HAEVEN'S SAKE PEOPLE,
    IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE HUMOR, NOT BROKEN DOWN AND CRITICIZED LIKE A POLITICIAN'S REMARKS.
    NICE JOB DREW.

KEEP UP THE FUNNY STUFF ! !

• August 10, 2007

Right on Louie....

And while we're correcting every damn thing here.....

For "HEAVEN'S sake as well as HAEVEN'S sake, eh??!!!!

(**GRIN**)

Some people just have a need to "red pen" every little thing.

I thought the toon was excellent, Drew.

Cheers.

• August 11, 2007

Brian writes:

LOVED THE CARTOON DREW. Ignore Mike and his inability to find humor.

Feel free to use Shakespeare again I thought it was brilliant!