August 4, 2007 6:00 AM

The Bonds Wait

drew08040.gif

It's bad enough we have to watch Barry Bonds break a record that isn't rightfully his to begin with but to have it drag on ALL summer long is just torturous. Do us a favor, Barry, get your stupid record and then please, please just go away. Because, really, no matter what, Hank Aaron will always be better than you are.

• August 4, 2007

Julia writes:

I don't always agree with you, but this is the best drawing and commentary you done all year!

• August 4, 2007

MJ writes:

Amen to that Drew.

• August 4, 2007

Chris writes:

I, for one, congratulate Barry. He has had to put up with so much crap by media personnel like you that it's not even right. And for what? An unproven accusation. Barry deserves this record as much as anybody out there. I would love it if I could be waiting for him as he rounded third with my hand extended at home plate. I would shake that man's hand and tell him he's earned it. Because he has.

• August 4, 2007

Jacob writes:

Well, the rockies go on a winning streak and a positive cartoon is nowhere to be drawn. Good job drew, way to have a positive outlook on this town

• August 4, 2007

Andrew writes:

Jacob,
    The Rockies are on a TWO game winning streak. I don't think Drew is ignoring the Rockies when a more intellectual and widespread topic can be covered. Clever cartoon Drew. I hope the ball remains wedged in the hour glass for eternity.

• August 4, 2007

Your BEST work yet Drew.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

I still hope Barry's steroid laced knees explode during one of his flails at a pitched ball, and his career ends immediately.

Chris.....you're entitled to your opinion, but I have to ask if you're writing this from prison. Did you work for BALCO or something?

Keep it up Drew. We're as fed up as you are with Barry and his circus. Hopefully the rest of the country has grown as weary.

I also have to say that Bud Selig is a waste of a commish, but can he really be expected to be at EVERY Giants game for the rest of the season? If Barry wasn't providing this circus, maybe teams like the surprising Brewers would be getting a fair shake.

As if MLB wasn't enough of a joke already.

• August 6, 2007

Mark writes:

Fantastic cartoon Drew. Right on the mark.

• August 6, 2007

Bond's post game remark....

"This is the hardest thing I've had to do in my entire career," Bonds said. "I had rashes on my head; I felt like I was getting sick at times."

Yeah....and it's the hardest thing we have ever had to watch too Barry. I felt like I was getting sick at times as well.

Hank still owns the real record, and true baseball and sport fans will ALWAYS know that.

Just get the tainted record and friggin' retire and go away, Barry. Good riddance.

• August 6, 2007

T. Glavine writes:

Thanks for overshadowing a true, honest record Barry. I'll be remembered and respected and long after you are far gone from the game and you're getting your knees replaced and suffering from all kinds of horrible medical problems due to your abuse.

Hope it was worth it.

• August 7, 2007

I never thought I'd ever say this, but....

Bud Selig.....For a few days, you are my hero.

Simply put, Bud Selig is the commish of MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, not the Barry Bonds Circus.

Bud has other things to do besides attend every game Bonds plays. It's not Bud's fault that Barry couldn't hit Number 756* while Bud was attending.

I haven't ever been a fan of anything else Selig has ever done, but this one time he has done the correct thing. I applaude him for his decision to get off this train.

Bravo.