September 16, 2007 8:10 PM

A Raiders' Nightmare

drew0917.gif

Whew! Two close call games in a row. The Broncos must be living right. For all of us who have to watch it I'm not sure we want to have many more of these kinds of games. If so call the cardiologists in. We'll need 'em.

The image is a little reminiscent of my old Karlis cartoon, but different enough, I felt, to stand on it's own. My deadline was pretty tight (7:30 p.m. Sunday night) so I had to be quick with the image and the color in photoshop. It was crazy with the overtime and the lightning delay. But like Elam, I barely made it.

Let me know what you thought of the game by leaving your comments.

• September 16, 2007

Brian writes:

I don't know whether to be excited or concerned. I am thrilled we won but if you look at both games the Broncos could easily be 0-2 right now.

I am ready for a blowout win. Jay is showing some poor decision-making today and Shanahan is still TOO quick to go conservative on the play calling. I think he is acting like he is still coaching Plummer.

Love the cartoon it's perfect.

• September 16, 2007

bill writes:

Oh Yeah...

It was all Jakes fault. Right?

• September 16, 2007

Charlie writes:

You captured the end of the game perfectly. When Shanahan called that TO right before Janikowski made his first attempt you knew fate was on our side. Sebastian is someone that has definetely not lived right and the Rai-duhs deserved to lose. Janikowski= 1 for 4 in OT meanwhile Elam = 7 for 8.

Oh and by the way, Denver is now number 1 in the standings.

• September 16, 2007

Darrel writes:

The Broncos continue to live on borrowed time. Your characters only enhance the inevitable until coaching changes are made.

• September 17, 2007

Chizzie writes:

If the Bronco continue to play this way the Colts will kill them in week 4... GO COLTS!!!!!!

• September 17, 2007

jay byrd writes:

This Bronco team does not appear headed anywhere. I believe I have seen this movie before, where the Broncos start out strong and eventually the truth outs and they miss the playoffs entirely or go out in the first round. They have played two poor teams to date and should have won. They will face the Big Guys soon enough. Great defensive line, guys. NOT!!!

• September 17, 2007

Matbar writes:

Give Cutler and the Broncos a break. Their 2-0, cant we all just be happy that we are the ONLY team in our division who A. Did not lose this week, and B. Do not have a loss.

Cutler only has 7 starts under his belt. Hes 4-3 in said starts.

We've seen what has happened to the "Best defenses" in the league. Look at Cincy, Baltimore, and Minnesota. 2 lost, and the third won by 7 points...against a backup quarterback.

I love the games that go down to the wire like the last 2.

• September 17, 2007

Crash writes:

A win is a win is a win. Doesn't matter how ugly it was, or if "luck" played a part, all that matters is the W.

• September 17, 2007

Jack writes:

OK....Love these games ..as long as its Denver on the winning side. Forget about Denver winning big its just all about winning. Who said "Just win Baby" Oh ya, Al Davis. Guess he was wearing orange on Sunday.

• September 17, 2007

Chip writes:

Once again, you've really captured the moment. Well done, Drew!

• September 17, 2007

Jeff writes:

Drew! This cartoon is an instant classic!

Right up there with MartyS trying to shave with Elway in the mirror!

You did a great job capturing the end of this game in an image! Keep up the good work!

• September 17, 2007

JERRY CUSICK writes:

LOVE YOUR TOONS. IF ELAM WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED EARLY IN THE LAST TWO GAMES HE WOUND'NT HAVE THE PRESSURE OF HITTING THE LATE GAME WINNERS. ICAME UP WITH A GOOD ONE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO RUN BY YOU. ABOUT OJ. THANKS JERRY

• September 17, 2007