September 11, 2007 6:00 AM

Monday Night Football

drew0911.gif

I'll be online today on Rocky Talk Live with Mark Wolf @ 11 am. Be sure to stop by and say Hi or ask a question or two.

Just a quick note about some of the recent posts. I want this to a community where everyones opinion is equally valued. I noticed recently that some of the posts have disintegrated into name calling. I want to encourage you all to be tolerant of other viewpoints. Name calling is just not acceptable here and future posts of that kind will be deleted. That's just not a direction I will allow this blog to veer off into. Thanks for reading.

• September 11, 2007

MJ writes:

ESPN needs to get Kornheiser out of the broadcast booth and fast. I don't think I can handle another Monday night listening to him.

• September 11, 2007

Brent writes:

I like Kornheiser, but apparently I'm in the minority. He's articulate, funny, and has a point of view different from the normal ex-jock color guy.
    I also liked Dennis Miller, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

• September 11, 2007

CJ writes:

ESPN has ruined Monday Night Football, a lot in park to Kornheiser. I would rather watch Sunday Night Football, with Al and John. The NFL made a big mistake with this one.

• September 11, 2007

Jonny writes:

I've never been a Kornheiser fan. In my opinion, Pardon the Interruption is one of the most grating, irritating shows on television, so to have Kornheiser polluting MNF as well is annoying.

It's too bad because I like the way Jaws and Tirico call a game. But it's tough for me to watch MNF with Kornheiser trying to interject with unfunny one-liners and fawning all over East Coast sports.

I'm with ya' on this one, Drew.

• September 11, 2007

What the NFL needs to do with any player who does anything illegal (Vick, Pacman Jones, etc) or breaks any league rule is this:

Place them in a small room (say 8x8 feet) with a very high echo factor and subject them to commentary and banter from both Joe Theismann and Tony K.

I should think that might have some effect. It might actually be worse than serving time in prison.

• September 11, 2007

good ol' george writes:

There is only one person to get rid of on Monday Night Footbal and it's not Tony Kornhesier - it's Hank Williams Jr. THE MAN IS ANNOYING! THE INTRO WAS FINE UNTIL HE GOT A HOLD OF IT!! HE IS A DISGRACE TO THE LEGACY OF HIS FATHER. I DON'T CARE IF THE REST OF THE COUNTRY LIKES HIM! SOMEBODY, PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF HOWARD COSELL, GET RID OF HIM! HE'S RUINING MY MONDAY NIGHTS!!!

• September 11, 2007

Lou writes:

Give me Mike and Mike over the other crew...Ditka was a little out of place, but I would guess that with time, the 3x Mike booth would be far superior to the Tony, Jaws and Tirico circus

• September 11, 2007

Gordo writes:

I don't particularly like any of the anouncing crew for Monday Night Football but especially Kornheiser.

Of course I still think Monday Night Football should have Madden and Somerall only. I know a lot of people who can't stand Madden. But I just love to hear him call a game.

• September 11, 2007

Dustin writes:

They should fire Mr. Tony. Then he would go back to his radio show on Washington Post Radio so he can go back to warning the public about the animal consperacy and fill the void in my life that was created on July 25th.

P.S. I blame it all on Adam Archuleta.

• September 11, 2007

Steven writes:

I wasn't a big fan of Kornheiser, until I heard him comment on the Broncos during his pre-game commentary of last October's Broncos-Ravens game, where in trying to articulate how important the Broncos was to Denver, he uttered this choice phrase: "Other than that, what is out here, beside sheep?"

Now I just can't stand the guy.

PS- Dusty Saunders wrote an excellent column in reaction to Kornheiser's loathsome commentary, which can be found at: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/spotlight_columnists/article/0,2777,DRMN_23962_5057772,00.html

• September 11, 2007

Steven writes:

Now I just can't stand the guy.

• September 12, 2007

Gordo writes:

James,

The first amendment protects your freedom of speech from the Federal government. Not here on someones blog. I would rather read some ones opinion (whether I agree with it or not) then seeing name calling or unneeded insults being put on.

• September 12, 2007

azbroncofan writes:

Drew I couldn't agree more with your analysis. And what was with the 3 Mikes? It should of been just Mike and Mike. Better then Tony but I almost muted them too.

• September 12, 2007

Bob Irwin writes:

Your "MUTING NIGHT FOOTBALL" was right on target. If only I could send it to ESPN and they would PULL Tony Kornheiser. He loves to hear himself talk and he does alot of it. Most of his babble is not about the game at hand.

• September 12, 2007

Bob Irwin writes:

• September 12, 2007

Bob Irwin writes:

Your "MUTING NIGHT FOOTBALL" was right on target. If only I could send it to ESPN and they would PULL Tony Kornheiser. He loves to hear himself talk and he does alot of it. Most of his babble is babble and not about the game at hand.

• September 12, 2007

Badgerjohn writes:

I hear and read a lot of comments about Kornheiser, just like I did for Dennis Miller, from a lot of sports pundits. I'd like to say to all of them:

"I'm sorry you didn't get the 'Monday Night Football' job. You're obviously crushed and could do a much better job yourselves."

• September 12, 2007

James writes:

Gordo = Idiot

I still see a trend.

• September 13, 2007

David M. writes:

The best broadcast team..........

Sharpe and Sharpe

• September 14, 2007

BroncoFAN writes:

Anyone else ever notice how big of a Plumber-apologist Tony Korn-holer is? The guy constantly sites records of Plumber, except those where Jake was personally responsible for sending the game down the toilet. "Can the Korn" I say.

• September 14, 2007

Anonymous writes:

• September 14, 2007

Ken writes:

I cant stand this guy, maybe we should start a campaign like they had back in the Howard Cosell days of fans having signs at the MNF games calling for them to get rid of him. Unfortunantly it took a very racist comment by Cosell to get rid of him.... Maybe it would be easier to get rid of this pompus, arrogant east coast A**H***!!

• September 27, 2007

Kurt writes:

Kornheiser is a miserable and irritating yapper that only detracts from the fun of the game. It's easier to watch the game on mute then listen to his nonsense. PLEASE FIRE KORNHEISER, ESPN!!!!

• October 30, 2007

brian squyres writes:

The Monday Night game (10-29-07)was terrific with both Favre and Jay Cutler making great plays. However, Monday Night Football on ESPN has turned into a celebrity gab fest with Terry Kornheiser acting as the Jay Leno of the sport's channel airways. I have always enjoyed Kornheiser on the radio, but the guy won't shut up and let us watch football. Its bad enough we have to listen to him ask insipid personal questions of Favre's wife but then we have to listen to him giggle like a giddy school girl with actor Vince Vaughn. Last week it was insuferable chatting with Russel Crowe from down-under who has no American Football insider knowledge whatsoever. If I want to listen to this crap I'll tune into late-night TV which I hate. ESPN, get a clue!

• October 30, 2007