September 15, 2007 6:00 AM

the Head Raiders

drew0914.gif

I just couldn't resist this dig at the Raiders Al Davis.
Always one of my favorite targets this image was a lot of fun to do.
The Broncos should roll on Sunday with Jay Cutler showing improvement. I also expect Brandon Marshall to really start to step up. He has all the talent to be a top receiver.
I'll be drawing live on Sunday so be sure to check out my cartoon later Sunday evening.

• September 15, 2007

Charlie writes:

So Drew, how are you feeling after fantasy week 1? You're undefeated and numero uno in points from last week. Great job, I can tell you're motivated to win that personalized cartoon!! LOL

What an appropriate drawing of the toon Al Davis. Him and his team is a joke, but he's done a lot for the AFC which in turn helped the Broncos.

• September 15, 2007

Raiders - 35
    Broncos - 14

Just a gut feeling. I think Denver will be expecting an easy game, and it might blow up in their face.

• September 15, 2007

Brian writes:

Al Davis is the last true mafia-like thug owner of a bygone era. When he dies or sells the team the NFL will truly lose a unique character...and the Raiders might actually have a chance to field a good team!

I predict this will be a lot closer than many think but I believe the Broncos will wil.

38-31 Broncos.

• September 16, 2007

Bill writes:

The Broncos/Raiders games, especially being in the same division, are usually close with a few exceptions. I never trusted McCown on any team he has played for. But again, Al Davis is making the call, I'm sure.
    I feel this will be a bit lower scoring game with the Broncos sneaking out the win.

Broncos - 21
    Raiders - 20

• September 16, 2007

Crash writes:

Denver 17, *akland 3
    There's no "O" in Oakland

• September 16, 2007

Bill writes:

Not too bad of a guess...

Broncos - 23
    Raiders - 20

It goes to figure that the Raiders have a decent defense and the Broncos offense is still learning. In other words, interceptions for TD's are never a good thing.

And the Broncos defense did OK but showed far too many signs of that preseason defense (i.e. rushing defense), that I was concerned and blogged about. When it came down to it, LaMont Jordon racked up way too many yards against a suspect rush defense.

Again, Elam missed a key field goal, but thankfully not the last one, (I guess that was probably more key).

But with Indy, SD and Chicago ahead, the Broncos need to pick up those factions of the game immensely. I still think something in the playbooks need updating!