October 15, 2007 3:21 AM

Byrnes learns

DREW1015.gif

What series is Eric Byrnes watching? He must be in a van out in the parking lot with his twin brother Jeff Spicoli, the always stoned star of the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High, smoking something besides baseballs. Maybe he'll finally come to the conclusion that the "lucky" Rockies did outplay the D-Backs when he's sitting at home watching the Rox play the Sox in the World Series. The Rockies have outplayed, out hit and out managed the Diamondbacks every step of the way. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Mr. Byrnes.

We are on the verge of one of the most improbable sports stories I have ever covered in my 25 year career as a sports cartoonist. To think that the Rockies are a game away from an appearance in the World Series is just flat out surreal to me. I keep thinking it's one of those things that's supposed to happen in the book of Revelation right before Gabriel blows the horn.

Please, oh, please leave your comments. This is just too good to blog about alone.

Rmcnees writes:

Drew,
    it was pretty obvious to me after watching Byrnes run into the left field wall, that he has done so many times before... His comments are the product of several severe head injuries, it was flat out entertaining, he was genuinely suprised when he ran into the wall? Hilarious lol.

Jeff writes:

1 win away!

I've been a sports fan for a long time and I hope the good citizens of Denver savor all these moments in the past few weeks and weeks to come.

As a baseball fan, you can wait and wait and wait for a team like the 2007 Rockies!

Jason writes:

I think Byrnes is doing what everyone in Denver is trying to do. Make the D-Backs and Rockies become a permanent rivalry. He can talk some trash, get booed and love it. It is the same thing the Denver fans are doing, talking trash on the fans in Arizona that throw bottles and can't sell out a game. I would love for this to become a fierce rivalry, but there is one problem. The Arizona fans could care less about their team. You can never have a one sided rivalry. If you read the message boards on their websites they have things saying, "Hey, we are seeing some good baseball. No need to spoil the series with trash talk." They are bragging that they can be civilized and not judge Rockies fans. They don't understand how to form a rivalry. What do you expect from a bunch of pretty boy fans with bad tans and finely trimmed Miami Vice 5 o'clock shadow. They are too busy drinking Mikes Hard Lemonade and talking on their cellphones to know anything about baseball, or sports for that matter. How about them Cardinals? Oh, and the only reason The Great One is in Phoenix is because his wife needs to be a close private flight away from Vegas so she can gamble away more of Gretzky's money. Get out the brooms, this series is over. Hopefully the first time Jimenez faces Byrnes, next year, he puts one in his ear.

Brian writes:

I've suffered through many poor Rockies seasons while I watched my friends jump on the Yankees and Red Sox bandwagons in the past.

These last 4 -5 weeks have been magical and I know it will be a run I tell my grandchildren about one day.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hollywood one day makes a movie about these events along the same lines as the move 61*.

What an improbable....We will likely never see a run like this again. The stars only line up like this every so often. Enjoy it while you can. I know I will.

dave in bayfield writes:

Great 'toon, Drew! And great job by the groundskeepers!

This fun just isn't coming to end yet! What kind of withdrawal are we going to go through when it does come to an end, one way or the other? I can't wait for tonight's "fix", but what am I going to do tomorrow?

A friend of mine from Durango was at last night's game, phoned me after it was over and said, "You can't believe the energy!"

dan writes:

What drives me crazy are all you guys who paid little attention, or trash talked the Rockies and their organization all season now act as tho you've been "with em" all the way. Even in the rain, you still look like fair weather fans to me.

Defender writes:

Good God.

What the hell do you expect Byrnes to say?

He doesn't owe the Rockies or their fans anything. The Rockies GAVE UP ON HIM. They traded him to Baltimore for a career underacheiver who isn't even in MLB anymore. If I were Eric Byrnes, I'd have every reason to bash the Rockies at every turn.

It's simple. The Rockies sucked it for 9/10 of the season and got hot at just the right time. They have played decently, but let's be realistic. They HAVE benefited from some sketchy calls by umpires. They have benefited from other teams simply not playing up to regular standards. They also have not been subject to devastating injuries like many team they have been playing.
    People here complain about the Rockies not getting the respect from America.
    Well, wake up. America knows as much about the Rockies as Rockies fans know about the Tampa Bay Devil Rays people. Without looking, I'll bet no one here could name a starting pitcher on Tampa's roster. Who's Tampa's 2nd baseman? Who plays center field?
    So, look. They've played WAY over their heads for a long time now. But look. They're like the one hit wonder music group. Even if they actually win the WS, no one will care outside of Colorado. No one else is pulling for them, because no one cares. Guess why?
    Because they have only been hot for a month. It's not like they did this all year long and people had time to figure out who these guys are.
    And the thing is this - When streaks like this finally come to an end, it's generally like hitting a brick wall. This could all end in a very sudden, very stunning way when it ends.
    Team on rolls like this get so used to winning, that when they finally hit the wall, it's fatal.

Gary writes:

This note to "defender" the idle ramblings of Byrnes are just that. The Rockies got rid of him, because why? He hit a buck 92 for us that is why. If you read the recent Sports Illustrated article on him, it tells of his true character. A self-serving greedy individual who lives for pleasure. Where is the heart of a true sportsman?

I am tired of hearing about bandwagon jumpers too. I travel over 125 miles each way in all kinds of weather as a season ticket holder. There are thousands like me cheering when there was nothing to cheer about. The Rockies have been created many times over. FINALLY WE HAVE THE TEAM. I for one thinking as I sat in the rain this is special to all true Rockie fans and no grouser will rain on our parade only God can do that. Certainly not Eric Byrnes.

WorkingClassHero writes:

What did you wake up and take a drag of Drew? The Rockies are nothing more than the Florida Marlins. A team that had a freakish amount of luck for a short time, and a team that has major ownership issues that will fracture the team soon enough. They have maybe another year together and then it's contract time. The Monforts will not ante up. They've already made a bundle by hitting the lottery with this band of young, inexpensive players. Now they have justified that they can win while paying nothing.

Lou writes:

Uggla and Crawford are the 2B and CF for the D-Rays. I don't know a starting pitcher, but Reyes is their closer.

The Rox played average ball all season up to the middle of September. They didn't suck. They were on pace for a .500 season. Even then I pined for a playoff race. But who knew.

This notion that "true" fans spend good money on a team that up until this season has finished 4th or 5th in the NL West for the past 10 seasons is garbage. For the past few years its been an average of 25,000. Far better than the 2 time World Series champion Marlins.

I say come one, come all get on the bandwagon there's plenty of room. History is in the making. Byrnes and his big mouth make great fodder for message boards, but his reckless play is the issue. Throwing to the wrong base in game 2 - a big mental lapse. Running into the fence last night - just plain dumb.

The most amazing thing about the Rockies, there defense! Just a year ago you would have thought that Garrett Aktins would be the heir apparent to Todd Helton at first base because of his poor fielding. Now, even in the 9th of a 4-1 game, Clint is letting him play instead of Carroll. Tulo and Kaz are as good as it gets in the middle. Taveras can fly. And Helton, well he's just being Todd with his golden glove. Unreal what is taking place.

I don't need respect from the East Coast media to know that the Rockies are something special right now!

Chris writes:

I guess I can understand Eric Byrnes (as in burns too many blunts!) comments as a feeble attempt to motivate his young team. But really, given how the Rockies have played, why would you want to give them more reason to want to kick your teeth down your throat!? Idiot! Way to give the hottest team bulletin board material. Hope you figure while you watch the best defense in MLB history move onto the Fall Classic.

Oh, and BTW, a team with the best defense in the history of the MLB is not a fluke for all of you detractors. They had to play well all year to compile numbers like they have.

Go Rox!

rcmanning writes:

I think that it's ridiculous for certain people to run their mouth without understanding the facts. Eric Byrnes was not shipped out of Colorado because of his low batting average or because the Rockies were "out to get him" or anything like that. The Rox wanted Kelly Shoppach (C) from the Red Sox, the Red Sox wanted Larry Bigbie from the Orioles, and the Orioles wanted Byrnes. At the last minute, the Red Sox backed out and the Rox were left with Bigbie. I understand that Byrnes could be upset about that, but if he's going to run his mouth to the media, then he should understand that he's going to get what he gets from the fans at the stadium and the media like this cartoon.

I've got the world's smallest fiddle playing for Byrnes right here. I'd rather have the Rockies getting outplayed and up 3-0 than being 0-3 and outplaying the D-Backs any day.

WorkingClassHero writes:

Wow Lou. Google is a wonderful little too huh? There's no way you knew that info. Took you 50 minutes to answer that post from that guy.
    Don't pretend to know things that you have no clue about.

BTW, Atkins sucks at 3rd base. His defense is horrid.

chizzie writes:

Drew I couldn't have said it any better. The Rockies got some breaks, but, how does Brynes explain the Rockies bullpen against his DBacks? He doesn't because the Rockies rule and DBacks drool. Rockies sweep.

chizzie writes:

chizzie writes:

J.R. writes:

How does a team lose 3 games and still consider themselves better individually and as a whole?
    Last night on ESPNconversation there were a bunch of D-backs fans saying that Upton is much better than Tulo. These people are all smoking the same stuff as Byrnes. After a sweep they might lighten up on their rockies hate.

Bronc in C-Springs writes:

2 Rockpile Tickets to Rockies NLCS Game: $150

4 Beers, 2 Dogs: $40

The awsome feeling of watching the Rockies go through this amazing run while others are tormented by it (Hi Workingclass Zero): PRICELESS

Kman writes:

Here's what the greatest movie would be if it was made today:

Boston red sox guy : "Yankee guy, I've heard of you. Yankees aren't allowed around here."

Yankee guy: " I'm retired. "

Red sox guy now looking at Rockie guy: "You must be Rockie guy?

"That's the rumor" - Rockie

" Are you retired too? " – Red Sox

Rockie guy: " Not Me, I'm in my prime!!!! "

" Yeah you look it. "

Rockie: " Oh Red Sox guy, the best bball record in the Majors. What do you think, hon, should I hate him? "

Hot Rockies girlfriend: " Nah, you don't even know him. "

" That's true, but there's something about him. I don't know he reminds me of me. Nope I'm sure of it I hate him!!!

Yankee guy trying to make peace : " He's drunk from winning 20 of the last 21" .

" In vino veritas " (in wine there's truth)

Yankee guy: " Come on guys we don't want any trouble, not in any language "

Rockie: " That's latin darling. Evidently the Red Sox think they got some skills. How I really hate them! "

Next Scene:

Red Sox guy enters the scene. Yankee guy informs Red Sox guy of the situation: " Rockies won't quit. They've won 20 of their last 21" .

Rockies guy to Red Sox guy : " Just in time. Pull up a chair. "

Yankee guy: " Rock, you've been hitting it awfully hard, don't you think you should quit. "

Rockie : " Nonsense. I haven't even begun to define myself. "

Rockie's hot girlfriend: " That's right,my man can go on all day and all night, isn't that right loving man. "

Boston Red Sox: " Heah, loving man you've been called!!

Rockie guy, winning yet another game smiles with a grin: "OPPS!!!"

Red Sox and Yankee guy: " What is that 20 of the last 21 games? SOB, nobodies that lucky "

R ock – " Why I am. Whatever do you mean ? Maybe Baseball isn't your sport in the east coast. I know, why don't we have a spelling contest????????????????

Next scene:

Yankee guy talking to Red Sox guy : " I'm not going to fight you Red Sox guy. There's no money in it!!!

Red Sox guy: " Wretched slugs!!!. Don't any of you have the guts to play for blood? "

Rockies guy: " I'm your huckleberry. Why that's just my game!!!! "

Red Sox guy: (thinking to himself: Oh sh*t!) " All right Rockie , let's do it.

R ock : " Say when! "

Arizona and Yankee guy swarm over Red Sox guy: "NO DON'T DO IT!!!! Now ain't the time!!! "

LAST Scene:

Red Sox guy thinking he's about to met the Yankees: "We'llllllllll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I didn't think you had it in you!"

R ock : "I'm Your Huckleberry…………Why Red Sox guy, you look like somebody just walked all over your grave????

Red Sox guy with a scared dumbfound look: "Fighting isn't with you Rockie guy."

R ock : " I beg to differ. We started a game we didn't finish, play for blood remember? "

Red Sox guy: " I was just fooling"

Rockies guy: "I wasn't"

Red sox guy shaking: "All right Rockie , let's do it."

R ock and Red sox guy play it out . Rock hits a home run in the bottom of the 9th : " Come on !!!! Come on!!! Oh your no daisy red sox guy, your no daisy at all!!!!"

Red Sox guy dying, spitting blood>>>>

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WorkingClassHero writes:

How are the Broncos doing Drew? I haven't yet seen a toon about their demise. How about it?

Oh, and I am far from tormented. I'm enjoying this. Because when the anvil falls from the sky and kills the Rockies streak, I'll be the one laughing my ass off.
    And when Matt Holliday shows up on a list of steroid abusers, I'll be accepting an apology from everyone here.

Spolier writes:

Okay folks.

Let's answer a question.

Assume that Matt Holliday gets nabbed by the Feds for performance enhancing drug use.

Still want him on your team? Would you still be rooting for him?

If Troy Tulowitski one day drives drunk and kills someone, is he still the golden boy?

I doubt it. And you know what? These very things can happen. It happens all the time.

Glenn in Thornton writes:

I guess spoiler has nothing better to offer than what ifs. Wake up, this team is good!

John writes:

Memo to Byrnes:

I watched the 2004 Red Sox

I was a fan of the 2004 Red Sox (take it easy, Brian, I was born there)

And Byrnes ... your team is not the 2004 Red Sox. Have a nice winter.

Tacoage writes:

KMAN-
    Nice Tombstone reference!! Like the drama and the creativity in characters. I think that the Rox are going to sneak up on everyone even with the all the media coverage. Reminds me of the Broncos/Packers super-bowl. I think that in the end, the Rox will win the Series. After all, they did win the mid season series in Boston. GO ROX!!!!!

Kap writes:

Spoiler? WTF have you been smoking?

Where would you pull Holli on roids, and Tulo driving drunk from?

Nothing about this cartoon says the Rox are on a downward spiral of Bengalitis.

For god's sake people. Here's a group of guys who play the way your grandparent remember real sportsmen playing. One game at a time, and for the love of the game!

Oh, and for the idiot who says Atkins sucks? He had 14 errors this year, down from 18 last year, and 19 the year before. And he was signed as a 1st baseman! 2 100+ RBI seasons, and 2 0.300 avg seasons don't spell sucks to me.

WorkingClassHero writes:

This team is an imposter, and likely will be the cause of MLB losing it's television contract due to lack of fan interest in watching the rest of the playoffs.
    The Rockies are the most overrated, overachieving bunch of frauds in professional sports.
    I actually hope they do sweep because it'll actually cost the team money due to not having a 3rd home game for the series.
    Then they'll get wasted by Boston.

Cal writes:

From a long time Yankees fan - first major league game at Yankees Stadium will do that to a person - WELL DONE, ROCKIES! And to all the tried and true fans that are bashing on those who have joined the bandwagon...relax. Enjoy the moment, enjoy the new fans, enjoy that the Rockies can actually build their team, fanbase, and overall program on *something*. Your long wait is being rewarded and the new fans are finally seeing what all the fun is about. My Mom was a DIEHARD Rockies fan, she followed them as soon as they were formed from Mile High to the new Coors Field. She saw Dinger "born" from an egg. She cheered the Blake Street Bombers and is surely enjoying the ride right now. For her and ALL Rockies fan...congratulations and I hope to continue to see some more great baseball played. It has been a lot of fun so far.

Gary writes:

Atkins IS a horrible 3rd baseman. Having 14 errors after having 18 the year before is not something to shout about.
    He's a liability, period.
    Tulowitski will not get better folks. He'll actually get worse now that everyone has seen all he can do. He's shown everything and now he's not doing anything special in the postseason. He's not as clutch as all you bandwagoners think he is. He's not the Messiah. He'll also be gone once his agent demands an outrageous contract from Dick & Charlie.

teri writes:

I live in K.C. and used to live in Denver for 10 years.I saw the Rox start out and think they've evolved into the world class team they are today. All the naysayes are just jealous!!!!!!!!!Go Rockies,win it all!!!!!!!!!

Morgyn writes:

I don't get some of these negative comments about the Rockies. They are a wonderful story! What's the deal? Give credit where credit is due, they deserve it.
    I am originally from Colorado, and live in South Florida. The Marlins are my team (season ticket holder), but I do love the Rockies, and have always followed them. I am SO happy for these guys, and for Colorado. Can't wait til they come back to South Florida, I'll be a cheering fool throughout the series.
    GO ROCKIES!

Morgyn writes:

Oh, and to Chris...Dan Uggla plays 2B for the MARLINS.

Just sayin'.

MikeyG writes:

I can't stand sanctimonious sports fans. Every sport in every city has 'em. The old "I stuck with them through thick and thin and the rest of you are just bandwagoners so you're not as good as me" shtick is tired and worn, speaking more to the person who says it than the person it is directed at.

Look, this town supported the Rockies with sold out stadiums for years and years - far better than most towns with MLB franchises. It wasn't until after a decade of being fed terrible teams, huge contracts for pitchers who either got arrested for picking up street whores or got traded while the Rockies paid the remainder of their inflated contracts to come back to town and beat us that fans figured they had better things to do then spend an evening in LoDo. Maybe a bunch of those fans got back to playing ball in their recreational city leagues, read a few more good books, met their families again.

Don't blame them for taking a sabbatical from a piss-poor product on the field and call them "lesser fans". In the priorities of life, I think it is more fair to question the fans who stuck around Coors Field about their choices than those who bailed. I mean, if the best thing you have to do for 81 nights and days a year is watch a pretty lousy team, get a life!

So, now that we've all been surprised by what's happened in purple this past month, hooray! Go Rockies! After fifteen long years they've given fans in this town reason to reset their priorities to include MLB once again. This will last into next season and perhaps even longer. Now that this franchise has demonstrated that they are capable of putting something on the field that is worth paying $20 for parking, $30 for a ticket, $7 for a beer and $5 for a hot dog to watch fans will come back to the stands. But I don't blame them for figuring that spending over $100 a night as a couple or close to $200 a night as a family simply wasn't worth it to watch the Rockies before this magical run.

GO ROCKIES!!!

WorkingClassHero writes:

Let's just face facts.

The Rockies are a sugar-coated, horrible team that are about to be exposed. Matt Holliday in particular.

Anonymous writes:

Is someone a sore loser? What team did the Rockies beat that you've been dying to see in the playoffs? San Diego? Dodgers? Phillies?

Get over it already.

Bronc in C-Springs writes:

Non-Working Class Zero-

You know what, the Rockies could lose it all and 98% would still be happy that we rode this ride this far. It has been fun to watch and experience.

Let me get this straight. A bunch of humble and HARD WORKING PRO ATHLETES who define the word "underdog" are creating MLB history and you call them despicable and horrible.

Being a Rockie Hater is OK.....as long as you use a half a brain cell when you bash them. WHERE IS TOM when you need him. At least he would bash them with a little intelligence and class.

SO Zero, what's your story? Philly fan, Dodger Fan, ...or better yet, Padre fan??? Or are you one of those empty and timid souls who cannot claim a team to their own and know neither victory nor defeat?

THANK YOU ROCKIES FOR AN ENJOYABLE RIDE SO FAR!!!

Vince writes:

Wooooooooooo-hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! World Series here we come!!!!!!!! Congrats Colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince writes:

2007 NL CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 16, 2007

Dwayne writes:

So did Byrnes outwork Manny on that final out?

I don't care if you have always been a Rockies fan from the day we were told Denver was getting the team, or you just hopped on the wagon for this ride...I'm just happy to see Coors Field full again.

• October 16, 2007

Gordo writes:

Glad to see the Rockies proved me wrong. Congrats to the Rockies. I am cheering for them to win it all.

To Bronc in C-Spring

The Working Class Hero won't say who his favorite team is. He would rather be one to try and take away for someones else's enjoyment. I just ignorehim.

Tonight the best team one the series and is going to represent the NL in the World Series. No matter who they face in it (Cleveland or Boston) it will be a good series.

• October 16, 2007

Charlie writes:

We're goin' to the World Series!!

How Sweep it is! This is better than EY's homerun in the first home game. It's better than Dante Bichette's home run in the 14th inning of the first home game at Coor's Field. It's better than Curtis Leskanic's save to propel Colorado into the 1995 postseason. This is amazing!!

The Blake Street Sweepers strike again!!!

• October 16, 2007

Mike writes:

SUH-WEEP SQUARED!

Way to go Rox. Always a different way to win. You guys truly define a team effort.

• October 16, 2007

KMAN AGAIN writes:

Here's what the greatest movie would be if it was made today:

Yankee guy: " I'm retired. "

Red sox guy now looking at Rockie guy: "You must be Rockie guy?

"That's the rumor" - Rockie

" Are you retired too? " – Red Sox

Rockie guy: " Not Me, I'm in my prime!!!! "

" Yeah you look it. "

Hot Rockies girlfriend: " Nah, you don't even know him. "

" In vino veritas " (in wine there's truth)

Yankee guy: " Come on guys we don't want any trouble, not in any language "

Next Scene:

Rockies guy to Red Sox guy : " Just in time. Pull up a chair. "

Rockie : " Nonsense. I haven't even begun to define myself. "

Boston Red Sox: " Heah, loving man you've been called!!

Rockie guy, winning yet another game smiles with a grin: "OPPS!!!"

Next scene:

Rockies guy: " I'm your huckleberry. Why that's just my game!!!! "

Red Sox guy: (thinking to himself: Oh sh*t!) " All right Rockie , let's do it.

R ock : " Say when! "

LAST Scene:

Red Sox guy with a scared dumbfound look: "Fighting isn't with you Rockie guy."

Red Sox guy: " I was just fooling"

Rockies guy: "I wasn't"

Red sox guy shaking: "All right Rockie , let's do it."

Red Sox guy dying, spitting blood>>>>

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 16, 2007

KMAN AGAIN writes:

Here's what the greatest movie would be if it was made today:

Yankee guy: " I'm retired. "

Red sox guy now looking at Rockie guy: "You must be Rockie guy?

"That's the rumor" - Rockie

" Are you retired too? " – Red Sox

Rockie guy: " Not Me, I'm in my prime!!!! "

" Yeah you look it. "

Hot Rockies girlfriend: " Nah, you don't even know him. "

" In vino veritas " (in wine there's truth)

Yankee guy: " Come on guys we don't want any trouble, not in any language "

Next Scene:

Rockies guy to Red Sox guy : " Just in time. Pull up a chair. "

Rockie : " Nonsense. I haven't even begun to define myself. "

Boston Red Sox: " Heah, loving man you've been called!!

Rockie guy, winning yet another game smiles with a grin: "OPPS!!!"

Next scene:

Rockies guy: " I'm your huckleberry. Why that's just my game!!!! "

Red Sox guy: (thinking to himself: Oh sh*t!) " All right Rockie , let's do it.

R ock : " Say when! "

LAST Scene:

Red Sox guy with a scared dumbfound look: "Fighting isn't with you Rockie guy."

Red Sox guy: " I was just fooling"

Rockies guy: "I wasn't"

Red sox guy shaking: "All right Rockie , let's do it."

Red Sox guy dying, spitting blood>>>>

THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 16, 2007

Michael writes:

WCH and all of the other Rockies detractors just sound like a bunch of whiny bullies who want everyone else to be miserable because their own lives are miserable. I really feel sorry for you.

The Rockies are just awesome right now. They have shown that they are the best fielding team in baseball. They get key hits when they are needed and the bullpen is just superb.

Not only are those who have tried to say this team is not good wrong, they are terribly wrong. This team is awesome. They took a lot of the year to put the pieces together, but they have put them together at the right time. No matter what happens from here on out – they have shown that they are THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATIONAL LEAGUE. All of the detractors can say what they want, but the 2007 Colorado Rockies have the National League Championship to prove that they are the best team in the NL.

I cannot wait for the World Series to start. Each game is more exciting then the last and the ride has been wonderful. I hope this train just keeps on rolling, but no matter what, the ride has been great.

To the 2007 National League Champions… Thank You for giving all of the working men and women who are lucky enough to be Rockies fans a great ride. Let’s keep that train rolling.

Happy Rock-tober – bring on the AL champs, whomever they may be..

GO ROCKIES!!!

• October 17, 2007

Kman is a douche writes:

Kman, that was the dumbest piece of garbage I've ever read. Please send me back those ridiculously misused 5 minutes you just stole from me.

I don't know if you guys get "news" way out there in the midwest, but the Red Sox are just about done. How are they still being treated as if it's their god given right to make it to the series?

• October 17, 2007

Sean writes:

Drew,
    Just turn this comic upside down for the end of Game 4, with Eric Byrnes' face down in the dirt, instead of face up. I love Karma!

Go Rockies!!!

• October 17, 2007

Anthony writes:

Great stuff. He had no business at all shooting off his mouth.

Good luck to you all there in Colorado. The best of luck to the Rockies.

• October 17, 2007

Gilberto Villegas writes:

Why B. Fuentes?

• May 13, 2008

Andrew writes:

u guys are freaks
    howd the rockies do in the world series, o thats right they got swept
    ya the rockies are doing real good this year
    last time i checked the dbacks have the best record in baseball
    so just shut up

• October 10, 2009

DBACKS FAN writes:

Hey Rockies Fans, you talk a lot of shit for fans who have never seen their team win a fuckin' CHAMPIONSHIP. Hey, how about them Broncos. You know your your city sucks when Jay Cutler is too good for you.