October 12, 2007 8:45 PM

D-Backs Dingbats

drew1013.gif

I always hate it when fan behavior becomes a story. There is simply no excuse for what the fans of the Diamondbacks did in game one.

If this keeps up we'll all be watching our favorite sporting events through chicken wire.

Sound off if you like

• October 13, 2007

Vince writes:

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaah!

• October 13, 2007

Mike writes:

What???? Rox are up 2 - 0? Wow! They are earning it. Keep going Rox!!!

It is too bad the Dbacks' fans did what they did... However, I do remember a certain snowball at Mile High...

Drew, I think you nailed it with the possibility of chicken wire. We fans have to watch our behavior and that of others.

• October 13, 2007

Brian writes:

The Rockies are going great. Now if only we could get some decent coverage from a reputable tv station for a change. TBS should never have been allowed to cover the NLCS.

As for the fans...maybe in football or hockey but I was surprised to see such low class at a baseball game.

• October 13, 2007

Chris writes:

What do you expect? They couldn't even fill all their seats for game one of the NLCS!

A couple of questions for the assembled posters:

What does everyone think of the national attention the Rockies are getting?

Would it kill MLB to put together a "Actober" Rockies ad?

Go Rox!

• October 13, 2007

Andy writes:

A few fans, not all.

I have to admit that the constant booing is a drag. C'mon, folks, it's playoff baseball. It's good stuff even when you lose. Try to enjoy it, eh?

BTW, D-backs fans, you're booing some really good calls. I missed the calls (before seeing the replays), too, but the umps have been in perfect position and they've made the right call every time. You might want to take that into consideration if you actually get to see another game.

• October 13, 2007

Roy writes:

It was almost as much fun watching the Dbacks beat themselves in game 2 as it was watching the Rox hammer them in game 1. Go Rox!!!

• October 13, 2007

Charlie writes:

Throwing water bottles on the field was bush league, and maybe it's not a fair reflection of all dback fans, but the stands weren't full, so where were the rest of the fans?

I thought the fans that were ejected for throwing debris on the field should have been arrested for wasting water in the desert. That was the real crime that night.

There's only one Rocktober!!

• October 14, 2007

Steven writes:

I personally got tired of the fans booing every time a pitcher tried to pick off the lead off man at first, man that got tiring...

• October 14, 2007

Harry Thomas writes:

Did anyone ever catch the guy that threw the battery during the Broncos' game? How about the guy that threw the snowball just as the San Francisco 49ers field goal kicker was swinging his foot?

There are always jerks and worse at sporting events. Something about that combination of beer and boorishness.

Glad to see the Rockies are doing so well. I don't follow MLB, but I'm a Broncos' fan, so it's nice to have something to cheer about Denver.

Ah well. The NBA will be starting up at the end of this month; we'll have 8 months of games ahead. Sorry; can't support the Nuggets. My loyalty there is to the Spurs.

• October 15, 2007

Harry Thomas writes:

I just noticed something: Drew draws Mike Shanahan the same way that he draws Moe of the Three Stooges. Coincidence? Separated at birth?

Also, did anyone else notice that the Stooges are in the drawing twice

Go Rocks.