October 10, 2007 6:07 AM

Relishing the Rockies

DREW1010.gif

I'm away for a few weeks and the whole world turns upside down. The Rockies are on the road to the World Series, the Buffs are playing real football and the Broncos are flying south for the Winter. I've missed a lot these last few weeks, mostly all of you who read the cartoons and visit this blog.

My wife recently underwent two very difficult surgeries in Phoenix, Arizona and we are back now in Denver recovering. I will be drawing as much as I can as she continues to recuperate here at home. I want to thank all of you for your patience and for continuing to come to the blog and leaving your comments while I was away. It was great to log on occasionally and see the dialog thriving. My wife and I face a tough road ahead as she regains her strength but I know there will be sunnier days ahead.

Thanks everyone,

BrongogirlinVA writes:

Welcome back Drew. You and your wife are in my prayers.

Kurt writes:

Welcome Back Drew!

Best wishes for you and your wife!

Keep the good toons coming.

Irishgoddess writes:

Welcome back, Drew - we missed you!

Hope your wife is feeling better soon!

Justin writes:

Best for you and your wife drew!
    I think the Rockies have a very good shot of making it to the World Series. The reason for that they can not lose. I don't think there is a team in the nl that can stop them.

Distant Fan writes:

Welcome home Drew;
    So, I hung up my Cubs Hat. My readon for being a Cubs fan is simple, I was born in Chicago and liked the Cubs mor than the Sox.
    Now I am wearing my Rockies Hat, why? yoy ask. Simple I lived in Denver from 1947 to 1990. The Bears were fun but were not Major league. Alas I left Denver before the Rockies and Coors field came about.
    Should the Rockies be in the world series, we must all pray that the ever unpredictable Colorado weather does not grace Coors field with a layer of snow.

Jeff writes:

God Bless you and your wife Drew! I know your priorities are in the right place, but it's sure great to have you drawing again, too!

Best of Luck!

Frank Hubbard writes:

Welcome back Drew; here's to a speedy recovery for your wife and keep up the great work. I enjoy reading your cartoons all the way in Las Vegas, NV

Kip writes:

Are those little halos above each player?

MarkInPA writes:

Welcome Back Drew!!

Best wishes for you and your wife! Hope she gets well soon.

I have missed your cartoons and glad to see you back.

William Pierce writes:

Drew, it's good to have you back and please know that you and your wife in our prayers.

Gordo writes:

Drew glad you are back. Hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

Kim writes:

If the guy with the glove is Tulo, he needs a teeny waist, and tight tight pants!

Vince writes:

Drew!

Welcome back buddy! I knew you'd come up with a great cartoon about our rox. I hope your wife gets better real soon.

Go Rockies!!! Whoop those snakes!

Steven writes:

Glad to see you back Drew, hope everything continues to go well.

Mark writes:

Good to have you back Drew. Hope the recovery is quick.

GO ROCKIES!

Chizzie writes:

Drew I hope your wife gets well soon. Great cartoon (as usual). I agree with you saying, the Bronco flew south for the winter. Maybe you can have a cartoon thats shows Helton sleeping and the World Series trophy, on this dresser; and showing Cutler looking in his window at it.
    GO ROCKIES!!!!!!

Bill writes:

Welcome back Drew! I am elated to see that the operations went well and you have been given this time to be with your wife during this hardship.
    My prayers are with both of you.
    Again, your absent shows how one person can affect many (even if some are negative). But it looks like you've got a connection with your great talent. Good luck and keep pluggin'!

Dwayne writes:

Welcome back Drew.

Although I think you're wrong about the Broncos going south for the winter...I don't know if they ever came north to begin with.

GO ROCKIES

• October 11, 2007

Mike writes:

Drew, we missed you. My family and I wish your wife a speedy recovery. All the best for you both during her recuperation.

Thank you for an awesome take on the Rox. You really captured the feeling on the team. The band-aid is a great touch. Your toon is one of the best commentaries written or drawn about the state of the team.

• October 11, 2007

Thrawn writes:

Good to see you back Drew.

Glad to hear that the surgery went well.

• October 14, 2007

Michael writes:

It is great to see you back Drew! We missed you, but it is great to see a guy with his priorities straight.