November 4, 2007 9:20 PM

Bruised Broncos

drew1105.gif

I'm not sure the Broncos season can get any uglier. Their performance in Detroit (if you can call it that) was the worst I can ever remember having to sit through. Personally, I'm already looking forward to spring training in Tucson. How about you?

• November 4, 2007

Brian writes:

I've never seen such a poor display of football from a Mike Shannahan-Broncos effort.

Injuries have taken their toll this season but it's almost like the team has no heart. I don't know but I think this season could be a 6-10 season....But I'll still cheer for them!!

• November 4, 2007

Brett writes:

I thought the Pats/ Indy game lived up to the hype.
    Patriots looked like they were going to lose.Took a lot of bad penalties.
    Just give them the Super Bowl trophy now.
    What a fantastic game.
    Randy Moss looks like an MVP shoo in already!

• November 5, 2007

Dave in Bayfield writes:

My thoughts exactly, Drew, since I'm more of a Rockies' fan than a Broncos' fan. It will be nice to head into 2008 with the Rockies being "Defending National League Champions"...that has a nice ring.

The Broncos are tough to watch. But, lest we forget, so were the Rockies for quite awhile. You gotta be a true fan and hold on for the good times.

• November 5, 2007

mike writes:

What a beat down....we need a coach that can get these pretty boy's and premodona's to play as a team. Too bad Bowlen is still in love wtih Shannahan. As long as he remains coach, Bronco's loose. Shannahan doesn't know if he is coming or going. Did you see him along the sidelines trying to figure things out. He has no control or clue. Time we chop off the head of this big ugly snake.

• November 5, 2007

Justin K. writes:

While the Broncos game was nothing but brutal, I'll just be waiting for the next Avs game. Sure, they can be up and down, but it's usually a little closer.

This too shall pass for the Broncos. Like Dave said, gotta hold on.

• November 5, 2007

Thrawn writes:

Now that we are having a down season where injuries, and having that revoling door on our roster every year finally caught up with the team, I am seeing arms and legs broken from jumping off that bandwagon.

We've been fortunate as fans for a long time with the Broncos. Try being a Lions fan for the last half century.

For those that wish to dump Shanahan, I will ask this again...

Dump Shanahan, and then get who? I don't see any coaches out there, that are available, and willing to come here that can get this group to play.

• November 5, 2007

Harry Thomas writes:

I've always said that I wouldn't care if the Broncos went 2-14, as long as our two wins were against the Raiders. But right now, that resolve is being tested severely.

Getting rid of Shanahan isn't the answer. He's taken this team farther than any other Broncos coach, with 2 Super Bowl wins. That said, I'll be damned if I know what the answer is, other than to write this season off as a "rebuilding year."

The only real solace in this season is that the rest of the AFC West is just as bad. We just might have a shot at the playoffs, depending on what we win or lose in the next eight weeks. However, I think the Broncos will be okay with it if they miss the playoffs this year. The Patriots are just too tough, and Indy isn't far behind them. I wouldn't relish the thought of playing either of them in the playoffs, especially on their home fields (which is where any team that plays them is going to wind up).

• November 5, 2007

Dangerous D writes:

Denver is Done.

• November 5, 2007

bob writes:

Just look foward to next year. May be they will get a D- line, o-line, and secondary over the off season

• November 6, 2007

Larry writes:

44 Points, looks like the defense has lost focus. Mike you are responsible for the defense. Gates is the one who should go. NOW.

• November 6, 2007

Thrawn writes:

I'd settle for a guy that can tackle in a position other than the secondary. We can start with that and take it from there.