March 13, 2008 6:50 PM

Drew Litton: Shanahan's Wall Decorations

DREW0314.gif

Shanahan's shenanigans continue at Dove Valley. Those staff meetings are getting lonelier by the day. Everyone is accountable for the Broncos mess except for, of course, the guy in the mirror.

Not sure if you are able to leave your comments or not. We're working through our web issues one at a time so be patient. I so very much want your feedback.

• March 13, 2008

Scot writes:

Thought I would test the comment section. Very deep cartoon on Shanahan. The goat heads are a great idea.

• March 13, 2008

Paul writes:

Shanahan needs to be fired. Either that or Denver fans better get used to watching other teams in the playoffs.

• March 13, 2008

Paul writes:

• March 13, 2008

I've been calling for Shanny to be axed for a hell of a long time.
    I'm very pleased to see that most Broncos fans have finally realized that Shanny's ego has led to this turmoil.
    Maybe now that Mike has run off everyone who was, er..."responsible" for all the mistakes, the rest of the world will finally see this season that it really was Mike. I mean, if/when the Broncos stink it up and regress into a 4-12 or 5-11 team this season, who will Mike have left to blame except himself?
    Oh yeah....that's right....the players!
    It's never about Mike Shanahan doing anything wrong. Of course not. That could never happen, right Shanny?.
    But I'll still enjoy watching Shanny turn into a human tomato on the sideline this coming year. The man gets insanely red sometimes.

Cheers.

• March 14, 2008

Jim writes:

Having been a life long Broncos fan, it pains me to say we are in for more of the same (7-9) or worse. Bringing in two linebackers (one a backup, the other serviceable at best) and playing the third one out of position for the 30th ranked defense? Supposed Mastermind calling the offensive plays? I have never seen a more unimaginative, unwilling to adjust, gamplanner since Dan Reeves. Rather than focus on building throught the draft Shannahan continues to try and catch lighting in a bottle with other teams cast-offs. I can only believe Shannahan must have good blackmail photos on Bowlen. Wake up Pat, the Broncos last Super Bowl win was 10 years ago not 10 minutes!

• March 14, 2008

Red Rover writes:

I think this is going to be a huge season for the Broncos. Anything less than a division title and a deep run into the playoffs will cost Shanahan his job. I just don't know who the hell they would replace him with. Maybe Kubiac would want to come back? He has definitely done more with less in Houston.

• March 14, 2008

Mark writes:

Wow Drew, right on the money.

• March 14, 2008

No way in hell Gary Kubiak would come back to this mess. You'd have to blow up the entire team and let him start over. Bowlen would never do that.
    Gary has it very good in Houston. He has a solid team with a solid foundation. The texans are a team on the rise as was seen last year. They play hard. The only reason I think they didn't go 10-6 or better was that they were missing Johnson for a large portion of the season.
    Under any other owner, Shanahan would have been gone during the middle of last season.
    Bowlen is living in the past, and so is Shanahan.

• March 17, 2008

Broncothunder writes:

I like what they've done with their offseason moves. They have gotten young talent waiting to blossom. Niko is a starting linebacker who was stuck behind Lofa Tatupu. Boss Bailey is a good strong side backer and D.J.'s natural position is the weakside, he will dominate. If we get a good DT and OT in the draft than things will really come together. This team could be good and I still would hire Shanahan over any other coach.

• July 1, 2008

Brian writes:

Shanahan is here to stay, it's obviously Bowlen loves him and the man's a genius and that is why he'll be here till he retires. Regardless of a playoff run or ending up 0-16. But I forsee a playoff run.