July 8, 2008 10:00 PM

Brandon Marshall's cleaning crew

DREW0709.gif

For the life of me I just don't understand guys like Brandon Marshall. Given a golden opportunity only to continue to make a mess of it. Mark it down as immaturity or whatever you want to call it but to me it's all just tragic. And Shanahan is left to just clean up after it all which, I'm sure, grows very old very quickly. Too bad the Broncos couldn't have sent Marshall packing with the rest of the riff-raff the Broncos jettisoned in the off-season.

• July 9, 2008

Jacob writes:

Drew how long have you been following sports? How do you not get how this works? Manny Ramirez and Shawn Chacon both assault people in the front office. Shawn Chacon gets released while Manny doesn't even get a slap on the wrist. Talent will always get as many chances as possible to prove itself. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just wondering how you can be surprised that the Broncos haven't released a potential top 5 wide receiver in the NFL. Welcome to sports, I know that people after this post are going to complain about the character of sports players and guess what, you guys are right, there are a lot of these guys that are scumbags. But guess what? Sports is a what? Let's say it together...an ENTERTAINMENT business. Brandon Marshall is in no way a representative of Coloradans. So if he makes you get your panties in a bunch then turn off the TV. It's no different than not going to see Mel Gibson's movies because you think he's anti-semitic. Stop complaining, no one is forcing you to watch these guys and unless you're buying season tickets they aren't costing you a dime to watch(and don't start the argument that you're paying for the stadium because that goes to Pat Bowlen and the sponsors, players get paid through ticket sales).

• July 9, 2008

Brian in Evans writes:

This S.O.B. (B-Marshall) was just on the television telling everybody "I am a good person". Again and again. Then he goes out and passes 2 cars on the shoulder of the road in his hummer? Shanahan always blabs about 'character people' but routinely brings in the opposite. It's time to dump Marshall, now he has proven that he is childish and immature and a problem and a distraction to the team.

• July 9, 2008

Brian in Evans writes:

Drew, NEVER "stop complaining" like the nimrod 'jacob' says to do. We are fans of the Denver Broncos and must speak out and let the team owner and coach know that we expect more. We expect better. We expect a team minus the punks and trouble makers.

• July 9, 2008

SASQUATCH writes:

UNLOAD THIS BUM...while you still can.

• July 9, 2008

Mike in Windsor writes:

I hate to admit it, but Jacob is right, well mostly. You can always pick the right guy for the job and always have choir boys on your team if you don't mind losing. But if you want to win, sometimes you have to go get the best physical talent at the skilled positions. So, not always, but sometimes it really does come down to a choice, talent vs. character. Choose character and lose. Choose talent and win. Keep in mind, these guys are paid to play the most physical game in the history of sports - a game that is played with a gladiator attitude. These guys are expected to be absolute animals on the field, and then absolute angels the minute they walk away. That's a pretty difficult task to accomplish. Marshall has the talent to be the next Terrell Owens or Randy Moss. He has the same type of baggage too. It does come with the territory. You don't have to like it, but if you want the Broncos to win, you will have to allow some of these types on your team. Everybody can't be Elway.

• July 9, 2008

dude writes:

Why do we expect these KIDS to behave better than the rest of us because they make a lot of money. They have been babied and put on a pedestal most of their lives and we are all shocked that they act like 5 year olds. Lay blame on whomever you want but a team culture is either ethical and upstanding or its not.

I seem to remember how beloved Romo was when he played for the Broncos and how much he was defended for cheap shot and spitting, but the second he went to the Raiders he became reviled for in Denver for doing the EXACT same things.

The solution???? How about we throw these bozos in jail when they do something stupid, just like the rest of us riff-raff (Melo). When a team tries to maintain a higher standard, fine or fire these people. If they cannot figure out how to live on $50,000 less per year than fine them some more (Tulo) for poor behavior and poor performance on and off the field.

Let's be honest, Marshall got a ticket for passing on the shoulder. This is not even a misdemenor. His insurance rates go up. Quit complaining!

• July 9, 2008

Penfold writes:

Sadly, one day soon, Brandon Marshall is likely to actually kill or maim someone. He's a ticking time bomb just like Carmelo Anthony.
    Both have been ultra-fortunate to have gotten away with their incidents without causing harm to another. But the law of averages says that sooner than later, Marshall & Anthony won't be the only one paying for his terrible decisions. Some innocent person might end up paying for Marshall or Anthony's joy ride through the good life.
    What's worse is that these clowns aren't even willing to own up to the fact that they are putting others in harms way. They are in complete and total denial. I guess absurd amounts of money does that to some people. I simply fail to understand how a person who has come from hard times and has succeeded in escaping the hard life can suddenly be presented with a golden opportunity and just toss it away.
    It boggles the mind.

• July 9, 2008

CT writes:

I say let the team handle it the way they see fit. Like giving him a "blanket party". Those with prior military service know what that is.

• July 9, 2008

James writes:

The problem is that the team will handle it, but will likely not let the public know how Marshall is punished. Since Marshall is potentially putting the public in harms way with the way he decides to drive, I'd say the public has a right to know how the Broncos are "handling" the situation.
    I for one would like to know whenever this idiot is on the road so I can avoid him. He seems like a dangerous individual behind the wheel.

• July 10, 2008

Rhonda writes:

What a bunch of CRY BABIES. You guys act like you are such saints. What your media is doing is getting BMarsh's name out there. I love the cartoon. I love BMarsh. I say let the courts handle all his OFF THE FIELD trouble. Your media doesnt have the whole story on the crap his EX is pinning on him. BMarsh is not the cry baby you guys are. There's more to the story of life with a wacked out girlfriend.

• July 10, 2008

dude writes:

Rhonda-
    Thank you for your wonderful insite in to the problems that Marshall has. From the rest of us SAINTS who don;t have problems like girlfriends, a wife (not at the same time), a job that pays nothing, kids..... you know LIFE I would like to say, in the words of Opus and Bill the Cat, PFTTTTTTT.

We should cut Marshall some slack because his girlfriend is pinning stuff on him. Please help me to understand why he should get sympathy from me. I get into an arguement with my wife, I stomp on the pedal, and I get a big fat ticket, I can't afford my insurance anymore. Thats all MY problem. You wouldn't give me any sympathy so why on earth should we make an exception for Mashall?? Cause his girlfriend is being mean??? Sounds right and realistic!!

Melo, Marshall, Tulo (pick a pro player)are reckless, thoughtless, and do the same thing and we should have sympathy for them, we should ease up on them due to their other problems??? I don't think so.

Nice try, but if ANYONE makes the wrong choice they should suffer the consequences just like the rest of us low life riff-raff that struggle to pay for daycare, food, gas and a mortgage while getting paid next to nothing to work 60 hours a week every week until the day we die!!

• July 10, 2008

Kurt writes:

Yeah, the guy is not a model citizen.

Sure brandon has been in a little hot water lately.....but there are lot worse people in the world, probably even on your own street, maybe your neighbor? It just so happens he is a star football player, so every time he takes to long of a piss, or ties his shoes too tight we get to hear about.

Brandon as long as you catch footballs, score touchdowns, play hard, your ok in my book

• July 10, 2008

Bob writes:

Some of you people are unreal.

You're going to forgive illegal behavior just because a guy catches footballs?

Kurt - you seriously need to kill your television. It's warped reality for you. Put down to playstation and go outside for a while and realize that there's a real world.

I fear for the future of this planet with people around who just cannot put away the video games.

• July 10, 2008

Kurt writes:

Hey Bob,

I don't own any game stations, in fact the last one I did own was the first nintendo,a dn i got rid of it years ago.

Wraped reality. LOL
    the reality is the guy plays football, and thats all we should be concearned about.

• July 11, 2008

sp writes:

Brandon Marshall rules. He is a great player and the only one we have with any bit of talent. The rest of the team rests on his shoulders. J.C. is nothing without him, we all know that. Shannahan really needs to stop complaining and living the J.E. days and produce some other talent like B. Marshall. Maybe we need a new coach? After all its been how many years right? Look at all these other fresh coaches! Well I cant wait tell the team moves to Colorado Springs were the real true fans are. Well guys thanks for listening and love you all.

• July 11, 2008

charger writes:

Baby Blue will dominate again see you at the gay parade you dumb donkey fans. Oh ya you should give your linebackers some steriods too.

• July 11, 2008

Brian in Evans writes:

RE: "You CANT win with character, you gotta have guys like Randy Moss and Terrell Owens". Yup, yer right. The Broncos were soooooo much worse off with Rod Smith and Eddie Mac, than J-Walker and B-Marshall. The latter 2 are FAR more physically able. But the 1st two got us Back to Back SuperBowl victories...... but you CAN'T win with quality character guys. Now, lets stop and count how many SuperBowl victories Terrell Owens has...........

• July 11, 2008

Anonymous writes:

At least there's one thing everyone here can agree on.

The Broncos suck.

I'm glad we're all on the same page.

• July 12, 2008

cranster writes:

I don't know why you all are bringing Tulo's name into this. Other than making a poor decision leaving the dugout, I don't see a camparison to B. Marsh or Melo. Those two are breaking the law, Troy got mad and ended up hurting himself. I think of the three Tulo will learn from this and it WON'T happen again. Unlike Melo and Brondon. Clearly they don't learn from there mistakes.

• July 14, 2008

dude writes:

Cranster-
    Thank for the insite. I'll take that bet. Tulo has all the makings of an overpaid whiner that break the law. I hope the best for hime but the like Melo and Marshall the warning signs are there!! Good luck!

• July 14, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Troy Tulowitzki will be out of MLB by the end of this year and will be platooning at shortstop/2nd base for the Skysox until he's placed on waivers. At that point, he'll be picked up off waivers by Arizona and will eventually become an All-Star and GG winner on a fairly regular basis. He'll hit .473 against Colorado for his career and will become the baseball equivilant of Chris Drury in the minds of Denver sports fans. The one that got away.

• July 18, 2010

Jeramy Krutz writes:

That’s a genuinely delicious cause theme , I need have ascertained that a couple of ages past. who cares, that’s what you happen to be here for yes?