September 11, 2008 12:40 AM

A New Patriots Act

drew0910.gif

It's always amazing how the game can turn on a dime. How one play can effect an entire season. The Patriots losing Tom Brady is akin to a Manningless Colts team, an Elwayless Broncos team. One quarterbacks season , done, with a single snap of the ball. And, so, now I guess we really do find out what the Patriots are made of.
All of this, of course, opens up some intriguing possibilities for the Broncos. Polish off the Charges this weekend and the predominately orange are fast out of the blocks in the AFC west. Win the division and you are looking at the Patriots without Brady, a weakened Colts team and certainly a lesser challenge to go as far as Cutlers arm will allow.

It goes without saying, The Broncos will be gunning for Phillip Rivers, and, I'm not one to condone violence, but if I'm Pat Bowlen this week, I'm standing on a table in front of the troops waving thousand dollar bills and yelling "I'll pay the fine".

• September 11, 2008

Jacob writes:

I will help pay the fine as well Drew. Has there ever been a more classless act than Phillip Rivers? Yapping at a terrible Broncos team in a meaningless game, then getting into it with fans on the sideline on a constant basis. I have never hated a QB more than I hate Rivers. On a side note: I go to school out here in Massachusetts and as much as we think this cartoon should be accurate, it's not. For some reason or another, everyone out here is drinking the Matt Cassel kool-aid. Belichick trusts Cassel so much that in a 35-0 game in the 3rd quarter last year, he put Cassel in. Cassel threw a pick and Belichick immediately put Brady back in for the rest of the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th. What does that say about your QB when you don't trust him with a 35 point lead?

• September 11, 2008

Angry Fan writes:

If that's how Bronco fans and the Broncos view payback:

I hope every Charger defensive player goes for Cutler's knees on Sunday and ends his career.

Of course, as Drew points out, I'm not one for violence.

Cutler sucks.

• September 11, 2008

Jay writes:

Drew,

How dare you wish for a bounty to be put on Rivers. How classless can you continue to be? Not that Angry Fan is any more correct in his response to your attack on Rivers, but I ask you, how and why does the Rocky Mountain News keep you employed with all the negative crap you put up on this blog? Have you ever had a real job? How about contributing more to society than these insulting cartoons.

• September 11, 2008

Marcus writes:

Good God.

You Broncos fans are still bitching about Phillip Rivers? Don't you have anything better to do? Get over it. The Chargers blew up the Broncos by a combined score of 64-6. There is no rivalry. And you act like Cutler was innocent in that whole spat anyway. Cutler grabbed his crotch while he was yelling at the Chargers bench. yeah, that's really a classy thing to do. Actually, it's something I would expect from a 13 year old. What exactly was Cutler trying to say by grabbing his crotch? Was he telling Rivers that Rivers and his mates stole what was left of Cutlers testicles duing that beat down and that he wanted them back?

Get real Denver. Get lives.

• September 11, 2008

Jason writes:

The End is Near?

For the Broncos maybe.

Nice try Drew.

• September 11, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Cutler's a punk.

• September 12, 2008

The Dude writes:

I remember seeing this exact same cartoon but about Nebraska a few years ago. Real original.

• September 13, 2008

Whiners writes:

WOW.......looks like a bunch of people have their panties in a twist on this board.