September 25, 2008 9:31 PM

Broncos and the Great Debate

S6CL_DREW0925.gif

Lucky Charms
The great debate. Lucky or unlucky, that is the question. Clearly the Broncos have gotten the breaks as of late. But I think they have had a lot to controlling their own destiny as well. That goal line stand against the Saints was something to behold. So while some critics are questioning the Broncos 3-0 record I say this...sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Kansas City, here they come
Arrowhead stadium has never been the easiest place to play for the Broncos. This will be a good test for them on the road. I say the Broncos win 31-17. Feel free to leave your own predictions.

• September 26, 2008

Jay writes:

ARE.

• September 26, 2008

Michael writes:

AREN'T

• September 26, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Prediction:

Chiefs: 45
    Broncos: 7

Jay Cutler gets intercepted 5 times and is sacked 7 times, the 7th resulting in a season ending concussion that ultimately ends up ending his short NFL career.

• September 26, 2008

ben writes:

I agree and I think Cutler has been living on borrowed time as far as not being hit/sacked. He's going to get blown up eventually. His uniform has been way too clean lately. He's ripe to get toasted.

Chiefs - 21
    Broncos - 10

• September 26, 2008

DD writes:

hmm... Some people aren't living in reality.
    Oh and since when can the chiefs score?

• September 26, 2008

Bob writes:

Any chance that Brandon Marshall gets arrested for something soon? I think he's long overdue for getting in trouble. Hasn't he beat up his girlfriend lately? Come on Brandon, live up to your reputation.

• September 26, 2008

Sean writes:

Chiefs 36
    Broncos 35

Chiefs quarterback fumbles on the final drive with under a minute to play with the broncos holding a 35-28 edge. Fumble is recovered by Champ Bailey and returned for a touchdown. However, the referee had blown his whistle to indicate an incomplete pass. Ball is given back to the Chiefs. Tony Gonzales then catches a TD pass to bring the score to 35-34. To show gamesmanship, the Chiefs opt to go for 2. Gonzales runs the exact same route as on the touchdown and catches a pass to win the game on the 2pt conversion as time expires.

Mike Shanahan's head explodes during his post game press conference. The Denver Broncos go on to lose all of their remaining games to finish 3-13. Jay Cutler is banished to the AFL.

• September 26, 2008

Gary writes:

Chiefs 9
    Broncos 6

Just a buncha FG's.

• September 26, 2008

fishlfie writes:

Chief-24
    Broncos-34

• September 26, 2008

Anonymous writes:

What a bunch of jokers!

I was at the KC at Denver Monday night game in Sept. 05 and was surprisingly surrounded by a bunch of KC fans. They all had left by the end of the 30-7 blowout. That was back when KC had a decent team. This game will be a win by at least 21 points by the Broncos. The Chefs - like the way it was spelled in the old commercial - are in serious disarray (in other words, they suck, lost to the Raiders even). 41-10 or better DENVER.

• September 26, 2008

Penfold writes:

I think this could actually be a trap game.

The Broncos are the better team for sure. But that doesn't ensure a victory. If the Broncos go into K.C. with too much of an "it'll be an easy win" mentality, then they might just get surprised.

I'm thinking it's going to be a lot closer game than Broncos fans are willing to admit. I smell a letdown by Denver. If the Broncos turn the ball over, it won't matter who's the better team.

24-21 Chiefs on a late field goal.

I'm a person who is rooting for neither team. It's just how I'm calling it. I think the Chiefs are so desperate for a win that they will come out and play a full 60 minutes this time against one of their arch rivals.

• September 27, 2008

Mike writes:

Drew,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought an announcement of the apocalypse is worth a mention:

"Denver Broncos Hall of Fame quarterback John Elway is reportedly engaged to a former Oakland Raiders cheerleader."
    Link: sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3611677

The Second Coming is marrying a high-priestess of the Dark Side. All that was right in Bronco-land is now tainted. Woe to us all. Woe, I say. WOE!

• September 27, 2008

Jacob writes:

115-110 Broncos

• September 27, 2008

SE7EN writes:

Trap game? The only people that think this will be an easy win are the fans. I think the players are well aware of their struggles in Arrowhead. No matter how bad the Chefs are, the Broncos rarely win in Arrowhead. Last year was an exception. I still expect them to win, but I doub the players are thinking it will be easy.

• September 27, 2008

Penfold writes:

I think the reason it could be a trap game is because of the luck factor that has been in play of late. When luck follows you, like it has the Broncos, then players are riding it. They get this sense of "We can't lose because something is guiding us. It's our destiny."
    All it will take is turnovers (lack of focus) and this game could get ugly for the Broncos. I'm not saying that the Chiefs are more talented,because they aren't, but New England obviously took Miami lightly last week, USC took Oregon St. lightly on Thursday. It sounds silly, but these kind of games are the most important for Denver. They cannot afford to lose a game like this. The Chiefs has nothing to lose. They're already done even if they win this game. The only thing they want to do is knock off Denver because it's Denver. But for the Broncos, losing this kind of game against an inferior opponent could be deadly for their hopes of taking that next step forward. Remember the Lions game that they got killed in last season? Yeah, that game. I have no doubt that Mike Shanahan had marked a "W" on the calendar. Look what happened.

• September 27, 2008

Sarah writes:

Kansas City 36
    Denver 17

• September 27, 2008

Evan writes:

Hey Drew,

Since you're always so on the ball with your CU victory toons, where is your toon to explain FSU completely dominating CU?

CU is awful. So much for "ruining the party" eh Cody?

Now we'll see if Dad Hawkins is man enough to bench his own son. I doubt it.

• September 28, 2008

bubster writes:

Broncos: 45
    Chiefs: Still Suck

• September 28, 2008

JayCutlerStillSucks writes:

Chiefs win 28-0. Jay gets picked off 7 times, and is benched. Ramsey takes over for the rest of the season. The Donks never get the ball inside the Chiefs 40 yard line all game.

• September 28, 2008

Mike writes:

It's a trap!

• September 28, 2008

WorkingClassHero writes:

DD writes:

"hmm... Some people aren't living in reality.
    Oh and since when can the chiefs score?"

Answer: TODAY.

bubster writes:

"Broncos: 45
    Chiefs: Still Suck"

Excuse me? If the Chiefs "suck", then what does that say about the Broncos getting stomped by them?

Please explain yourselves.

• September 28, 2008

RudeDawg writes:

Well, it was bound to happen. Over the past several games (okay more like 3) our Denver Broncos have been squeaking by games -- after building a huge lead. Funny how we had to be given our first lost by a team that is 0-3! I was really hoping that we could have held out until we had to play the Bucks or the Bills, but NOOOOOO we had to lose to the Dawg gone Chiefs!

Baily (Champ that is...), I suppose you were right, the Orange and Blue have been lucky and it seems that our luck just ran out... So much for the Vegas odds makers!

• September 28, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Working Class Hero is definitely a zero. He won't even mention who his team is and the only time he hops on is when it favors him (where have you been WCH??????)He is definitely a coward....

• September 28, 2008

The Truth writes:

WCH is probably unemployed and has never worked a day in his life.....while living off of welfare and taxpayers money.

I also agree that he is nothing more than a coward

• September 28, 2008

WorkingClassHero writes:

Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate you all caring so much about me, what with you wondering where I've been. I knew I would be missed. Thank you. So nice to be wanted.....

Not living off welfare....

Investments. Lots of money in investments. It's nice to be financially independent and self-employed. I have all the time in the world. I've actually been travelling. I had a great time. Really.

Hope you've all been well. Too bad the Broncos had to go and lose to such a terrible team. What will this do to the faithful? I imagine some panic in the streets. Will this be an 8-8 season, or possibly even 6-10? It's looking that way. Guess the Bronco bandwagon will have to go into the repair shop for a while. I think it go broken while the fairweather ones were jumping off it this afteroon.

Have a very pleasant evening.