September 21, 2008 8:27 PM

Broncos by a nose

DREW0922.gif

Just Barely
Holy Stromboli. Another week of the Broncos squeezing by the opposition. It's enough to drive ya to the Dow Jones for crying out loud. Can't we just get a blow out or something sometime soon? Given last weeks events (stock market, Buffs, Broncos) the nerves around here are a bit more than frayed. Where's a bye week when you need one?

Sometimes ya just gotta be lucky
That's just the way of the world sometimes. And as long as the Broncos seem to end up on the right side of the coin, so to speak, then really, who are we to complain? So pass the nitro-glycerin pills and the hot wings. And bring on the Chiefs.

Any way ya Cutler it
Jay Cutler continues to get the job done and grow each week. My favorite Cutler moment... Him jumping on top of the bench to cheer on the fans with the game on the line. Now there's a winner. OK, it's your turn to pipe in. Leave your comments and keep 'em civil. Or else I'll have to sic D.J. Williams on you. And, trust me, ya wouldn't want that.

• September 21, 2008

Trapper writes:

This kind of football is just not acceptable.

Playing no defense, and winning because of other teams missing kicks and refs who blow early whistles.
    Homer fans will of course argue that 'Well, the Broncos did have to stop them at the goal line and did have to stop them on 3rd and one."

Blah, blah, blah.

The real Broncos fan in me says that they were lucky to get the whistle vs. the Chargers and they were lucky that Gramattica missed the FG.

That's it.

The Broncos should be 1-2. Because they are 3-0, Bronco fans everywhere are screaming that Denver will now waltz to the AFC title.

No way. Never. Not with this *cough* defense. They cannot stop anyone. This is easily the worst "D" in over a decade. Worse than last year.

Right now, every Bronco player should be embarrassed. They do not deserve to be 3-0. They have to know this. I just hope that they aren't taking the opinion of Broncos fans who say "We'll take wins any way we can get them." Because if they adopt that attitude, they're going to be 3-13 real quickly. You can't just walk out and expect that the other team isn't going to try and ram the ball down your throat. Getting up by 21-3 and coasting might get it done against the crappy teams (Oakland) or against teams that are missing key players (San Diego and New Orleans), but it definitely will not get it done against a full strength squad or against anyone in the playoffs.

This team better get its ass in gear in a hurry. This kind of 3-0 is nothing to be proud about. We've see this kind of Broncos team before and we all know what the end result is likely to be. No playoffs or ,at best, a very quick first round exit.

• September 21, 2008

Justin C. writes:

This Broncos team actually needs to lose to the Chiefs. Denver needs to be smacked in the face so they wake up. I'm hoping that they get absolutlely plastered by K.C. so they actually feel embarrassed. Right now, they don't even realize that they aren't playing defense. It's obvious that the defense doesn't care about playing. They're just leaving it up to the offense to score and to other teams to make mistakes. I second everything that Trapper said in his post. The Broncos got lucky again, and luck is not something to rely on every week. This team is heading for 9-7 and a first round loss.

• September 21, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

Trapper - you're an idiot

You cannot just dismiss key plays in the game such as a GREAT goal line stand it's all part of the game. And it wasn't as if Gramatica missed a 20 yarder

All the Chargers "amazing" D had to do was stop the Broncos last week and they didn't TWICE!!! Plus the Broncos still had two TO's last week so who knows what would have happened. They did get fortunate but I'm tired of you and every other bitter hack acting like Hochuli threw Royal the TD pass

The Broncos give up FAR to many big plays, but they also make big plays, it's a team game, sometimes the offense carries the D, may I refer you to the '99 Rams?

Watch some Sportscenter, and quit spooning with Philip Rivers, you're a moron

• September 21, 2008

Another Michael writes:

So what if the Broncos happen to be on a lucky streak right now?? It *happens* in professional sports all the time.. It makes the game closer, gives us all a coronary, and yeah -- it's lucky..

If you're a real upset Bronco fan that they LOST to the Chargers and the Saints -- then I encourage you to find another team to become a "fan" of since it's pretty apparent you are embarrassed when the Broncos catch a break every now and then..

How many close games did we lose or should've won -- like Favre's "lucky" pass in last year?? Oh, I bet that was just "sheer talent" working for the Packers since the Broncos are "just losers" here..

Every close game becomes "lucky" when it comes down to it -- and it just happens that right now the Broncos are finally getting some luck going their way.. If that sours your mouth -- then maybe you can root for someone like Oakland -- that might cheer you up a bit because they don't have any luck at the moment ... at least you can resign yourself to their fate honorably and without the unnecessary "I'm too embarrassed to be a Bronco fan" mantra you scribe to..

• September 21, 2008

DBinKC writes:

I am afraid you will have to wait until week 5 or later to loose. The Chiefs are the third best team in Missouri. It's pretty sad when the Missouri Tigers are better then both of the states "pro" teams.

I find the Broncos highly entertaining and headed in the right direction. Sure their defense will cost them games, but their offense will win them several more. Their offense should be good, if not great for years to come. We all hope it's enough time for the defense to get better.

Dave writes:

Right now the Broncos are on a roll. But they are far too cocky at the moment. They're acting like they've won by several touchdowns each game. Mike Shanahan wouldn't even budge from his notion that the referees in the Charger game were the best he'd seen in 20 games or so. Not one player on the team seems to realize that they could be or should be 1-2 and in a spin. They've been *that* close to losing the last 2 games.

Another Michael states "So what if the Broncos are on a lucky streak right now?" Well, I'll tell you. First off, luck runs out quickly. Very quickly. Second, when luck is around, players get lazy and stupid. It's very likely that if Denver goes into the Chiefs game with the idea that they can just roll like they have been, K.C. might just bite them in the ass like Miami just did to New England on Sunday. There's no doubt that New England thought Miami to be a pushover and what happened?

Offense rarely if ever wins games by itself for very long, and seeing how none of the Broncos players seem to want to committ to playing hard on defense every down like they should, it's extremely likely that Denver is going to get killed in a game very soon. As has been stated by previous posters, the Broncos have had early success in seasons past only to fall flat soon after.

I'm not sold. And the Broncos had better not underestimate the Chiefs. They might not be a good team on paper, but a losing team is always a dangerous team. If the Broncos don't bring it to the field from the first snap in K.C. all the way through to the final gun, then they could be in a world of trouble. How bad would it be for the Broncos to lose to the Chiefs? It could actually turn their season on its head. That's how bad. It could send them into a downward spin that they might not recover from.

The Broncos had better take next week seriously.

Ragnar4 writes:

I distinctly remember, last year, we had a fire-sale, chinese fire-drill, Jason Elam last second field goal to win against the Bills.

Then in game 2 we had the seasons most controvercial time out, icing Janikowski and winning when the Raiders couldn't kick it through their own uprights.

I'm pretty sure we lost game three, and mediocrity caught up with us. Teams began to exploit our run-game weakness after game four, and even though we could move the ball yardage wise, we couldn't punch it in come time to push the ball into the red-zone.

If the Denver Broncos are winning because of luck, believe me, the NFL Gods will catch up to them, and we don't do any better than 9-7 this season. If the Broncos are winning because of skill, then other teams had better watch out.

The only problem with our team right now is: This feels like the Dick Vermiel Score 50 and hang on for dear life KC Chiefs. The didn't get any rings on their fingers. The Elway superbowl years always had top 10 defenses....

Anonymous writes:

To Quanzabot & anyone else listening -

Enough with calling people idiots just because they have a different take on the outcome of the game. If you don't like what someone has posted, fine, but you have no right whatsoever to call someone an idiot for voicing their opinion here. This isn't your blog.

Drew, I think your instructions were to keep the comments civil. Apparently Quanzabot either failed to read your initial post or needs a reminder. Thank you.

Jeremy writes:

Yes, Denver has been "lucky" to win a couple games. If you guys have been watching football for more than one season, you know that for ANY team to be successful, there has to be some luck involved. The team has to be lucky enough to avoid injuries. The team has to be lucky enough for a call or two to go their way. The team has to be lucky enough for another team to miss an easy opportunity or two. A twist of weather here, a fumble there, a foot that lands just an inch out of bounds...this is the difference between contender and champion. Maybe it's the reader that needs a paradigm shift - being lucky doesn't mean the Broncos are unworthy of being in the NFL elite; rather, just the opposite. History suggests that successful teams are intimate companions with "luck".
    Then again, as Ragnar writes, their luck may just run out.

MJ writes:

Who cares how they have won. They are 3-0 and are going to beat the tar out of the Chiefs next weekend. Should be a good game, if your a Broncos fan!

Quanzabot writes:

Anonymous

That's my opinion- I'm just voicing it - Im not cussing anyone out, just pointing out how obviously wrong they are, and it's all in good fun, If I was calling someone a moron about how they raise their children or pay their bills, please call me out, but it's just sports so don't get so bent.

All I'm saying is you can't just disregard plays during the course of a football game.

I'm sure Titans fans have said "If only Mike Jones had missed the tackle on Kevin Dyson...

Or Raiders fans "If only the tuck rule..(or the fact our team is run by the real life equivalent of Mr. Burns)"

And Broncos fans (TRUE Broncos fans) to this end I urge you, ENJOY!!! This is an exciting brand of football. We could still have Griese-ball which at the time made me want to go jump in the Platte with cement shoes. At least it's fun to watch!

And Anonymous, if you can't handle having your opinion contradicted, don't give it!

Anonymous writes:

Quanzabot -

Pot, meet kettle.

Quanzabot writes:

Anonymous,Do you have anything to say about sports? This is about the Broncos. They're the local football team.(its an odd-shaped brown ball that you can throw, run with, or even kick! You can find the rules somewhere on this fancy internet!) I'm a fan with an opinion. All you can seem capable of is criticizing me, so contribute, be a fan, or shut up!!!

Anonymous writes:

wHy sO sErIoUs??

KP13 writes:

3-0...we'll take it, but the bronocs are playing with fire each week, and they will get burned if they are not careful.

The Chiefs will be no push over, they always show up to play against Denver...Arrowhead is no easy place to play as well. It will take good d to get a win!

way to get it done denver....keep it going!

Penfold writes:

The problem that some people are having is this:

Winning is fine.

But alot of winning has to do with how you win and how you carry yourself. There is a reason for the Broncos to be humble. They have not played well enough to be completely deserving of a 3-0 record. Sure, they have scored enough.

If people here think that the final score is the only thing important, then to me, that means only that somehow, you're just looking for bragging rights. If that's you gig, then fine, just realize that it's not how everyone thinks. There are going to be a lot of people (me included) who want to see fundamentals just as much as my adopted team winning the game. It's fun to cheer, but I want the game played the right way on both sides of the ball. I guess it's just my hope that people would want more than just a win at any cost. Maybe I'm dreaming, but that's how I was brought up when it came to sports. Win with pride, but if you do lose, don't lose the pride along with the game in question. There is always another game to be played tomorrow, or next week or next year.

Have things changed that much? I guess they have. I do think I'll find that difficult to accept, however.

Quanzabot writes:

Penfold - you sound like a coach! We need guys like you teaching our kids how to play

However,there are no moral victories in the NFL, ask the '07 Patriots who played the game the "right" way all season long,

Are you telling me if you were a Pats fan you would be saying "Oh well! At least they were fundamentally sound"? Doubt it

NFL is all about W's, a lot of fundamentally sound teams that can't do anything because they have no talent or killer instinct

Again,the defense is horrible the last couple of weeks, but they have been playing great offenses

S.R. writes:

"And you are right being a fan is ALL about bragging rights, if your team is the best, there's nothing better as a fan!"

You have some serious issues Quanzabot. Get help. This is a prime example of what is wrong with this country. Being gracious doesn't matter. Being honest doesn't matter. Helping another human being doesn't matter. All that matters is being the winner. All that matters is having the most money. All that matters is being the best looking. All that matters is being the most famous. Right Quanzabot? That's what you're saying.
    If this is how you live your life, then shame on you.
    Of course there are moral victories in the NFL. There are moral victories EVERYWHERE.
    Put down the Madden '09 video game and step outside into the real world people. Kill your television. Throw away your freaking cell phone and stop texting people every 15 seconds. Wake up.

Greed has consumed this country in every way imaginable. People have completely stopped caring for one another in most circles.

Morals are nearly non-existant. It's very sad.

When you say that everything is about winning and killer instinct, what you're really saying is that people are losers for even trying. That's just a sick attitude. Sick. If you think that way, you are the worst kind of person immaginable.

Can you even really comprehend what you're saying by making statements like that? How on earth can you really mean something so cruel?

Quanzabot writes:

SR

WOW!!!!!!! What is with THAT? Since when did this become a discussion about real life....THIS IS ABOUT PROFESSIONAL SPORTS!!!!!!!! If I'm writing this about pee-wee football please jump down my throat. I said as a FAN there is nothing better than bragging rights, I'm not defined by my status as a Broncos fan, there are those who are and that IS sad. I'm defined by who I am as a husband, father and friend, being a Bronco fan is just a good excuse to go nuts and be a goofball for a few hours on Sunday.

That said, killer instinct, talent and W's are ALL that matter in the world of the NFL, and I dare you to find evidence to the contrary!

This isn't about the war or the stock market or gas it's about the NFL, check which section of the paper you are reading. And for the love,read what was written, and switch to decaf.

And Anonymous thought I was being uncivil....sheesh!

• September 23, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Quanzabot - Please stop with your two-faced attitude. You know you got called out and now you're backpedaling with lame excuses for your earlier behavior. Just stop.

• September 23, 2008

Mike writes:

Yes. Quanzabot, please don't try and change the fact that you started on here by calling people idiots and morons. My vote is that that makes you quite unwelcome here. Thanks in advance for for leaving.

• September 23, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

I have done no backpedaling, and will go nowhere

Sorry that you guys can't handle the truth, so go read a cookbook instead of the sports page.

Are you guys really THIS thin skinned!? All I've done is talk sports, I called one guy out about his opinion and I get killed the rest of the day for having a GOOD sports opinion, and basically get called a horrible human being for saying the only thing that matters IN THE WORLD OF THE NFL is W's....how am I wrong?

If it's about calling Trapper an idiot, I am sorry about that, it was out of line.

Anonymous you haven't written ONE THING ABOUT THE BRONCOS!

And I haven't heard anyone who can contradict me on what I wrote about the NFL or the Broncs....so do it, have an opinon about sports, but everyone please stop acting like I'm killing puppies here.

and Anonymous (if that is in fact your real name) go see your proctologist, you have something that needs removed bro

• September 23, 2008

J.P. writes:

Hey Drew,

Is there some way you can persuade Quanzabot to keep his posts on the non-attacking side? The whole Moron, Idiot, and go see your proctologist stuff is getting old. No one needs this kind of stuff.

As far as the outcome of the games:

The Broncos beat Oakland just like everyone expected.

The Chargers got their game stolen away from them. The Broncos should have been 1-1.

The Broncos lucked out by the missed field goal against N.O. They should be 1-2. Most NFL kickers nail that kick 90% of the time.

Hope everyone watched the Monday Night game, because the Chargers are officially back on track and will be a force the rest of the year. If Denver slips even a little, the division will go to S.D.

• September 23, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

Again, HOW did the Chargers have the game stolen? There was a bad call, they had two chances to stop the Broncos from winning that game, not to mention a dozen other drives to stop them during the course of the contest,plus the Broncs had 2 TO's remaining and would have had a bit more than 20 seconds to get into FG range. Stranger things have happened

If Norv Turner would have had a pair, he would have said that they had their chances throughout the game and one questionable call does not a game decide, so get off it!

And even if not-so-automatica makes that field goal they have 2 minutes to kick a field goal when they were DOMINATING the 'aints all day on the offensive side of the ball so how is it a fore-gone conclusion that the Broncs were going to lose that game?

PLUS they stopped them on a 3rd and short to force a long field goal by Frodo Gramatica, they made some big plays when they had to. It's ridiculous to point to a few moments in a game and say the Broncos shouldn't have won, you can do that with every game every week.

If the Pats had stopped Ronnie Brown four times...

If the Steelers hadn't lost Big Ben last week....

and he Chargers gave up 29 to a mediocre Jets team, back on track alright

• September 23, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

PS

It's cool for people to call me sick, cruel, twofaced, and Pretty much all SR did WAS attack me in his post, I apologize for calling someone a name, and I'M the one you guys are trying to run?!

check the other blog posts on the other 'toons, then come back and accuse me of being the biggest jerk

• September 23, 2008

TulsaBroncoFan writes:

You know week after week all I have read about is how "LUCKY" the Broncos have been to win game after game...and I, for one, am sick of reading about their "luck"... Yeah...the Broncos did catch a "lucky" break against the Chargers...however...
    Our offense is doing very well...Cutler is being the leader we need...Defense however...they need to step it up and be much more aggressive...great offense not so great defense...either you are a true blue and orange fan or some of you just like to criticize your supposed favorite team...Give the Broncos the credit they deserve and stop with all the Bronco bashing...

• September 23, 2008

Ben writes:

Hey TrueBroncoFan,

The Broncos were lucky. Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky Lucky lucky lucky.........

Cool?

• September 24, 2008

Another Michael writes:

Gee Ben -- you're starting to sound like a broken record.... (hint hint)

Funny how you don't hear about how lucky Jacksonville was by their last second field goal -- or how lucky Tampa Bay was with their OT field goal considering how incredibly talented Chicago is -- or how lucky the defending champs were by eeking out a win with their kick in OT.....

You'd think with all of the "luck-whiners" out there -- they'd actually rationally see that "luck happens...."

I guess their Bronco Orange jaded glasses mire their view of the world around them.. Too bad for them really -- they're missing out on a pretty good, suspenseful Bronco season..

• September 24, 2008

LOL@Bronco Hater writes:

I love how every week that the Broncos win, Bronco hater, disguised as "disgusted Bronco fan" comes in here to give excuses why the Broncos won. Next week, what will the excuse be?

It will be the same as week 1. "You haven't proven anyone, you just beat one of the worst teams in the NFL".

Oh well, if we are supposed to have lost against the Saints, then we would have. Nevermind that the Saints should blame themselves for going for it on 4th and Goal instead of taking an easy FG.

That one stupid decision by the Saints forced them to go for 2 late in the game. They wouldn't hhave been in that situation had they taken the FG chip shot.

Oh yeah we stopped them 4th ang Goal and stopped their 2pt conversion late. Not the Broncos fault that their FG Kicker can't hit them when it counts. 3-0...get over it.

• September 24, 2008

LOL@Broncohater writes:

Oh, so funny how Bronco hater FAILS TO MENTION that the SAINTS first TD at the Goalline shouldn't have counted. He was down and the ball NEVER CROSSED THE LINE. As a realistic fan, I thought to myself, "Odds are, they would get it on the next play" BUT later when the Defense made the goalline stand, I thought, anything could happen, a fumble, a stop, a botched snap. Shanahan should have challenged and if he had, he would have won that challenge.

Can you imagine if Pittman hit the ground before crossing the line and the Refs called it a TD?? Bronco hater would be irate, moaning and complaining. But it happens to the opposition and they don't even talk about it. Grow up bronco hater.

• September 24, 2008

Carl writes:

If we can imagine that the Broncos would have stopped the Saints on that goal line stand on their first touchdown, then people are allowed to imagine that the game would have been over if the referee wouldn't have blown his whistle early. Thus, the Broncos would be at least 2-1 and tied with the Chargers for 1st place.

Right? That certainly seems fair, right?

I'm always confounded as to why, with a 3-0 record, that Broncos fans are still making excuses for why the team should be 3-0. It's like most of them really don't believe that they are deserving of that record (and they're right). I sense a lot of doubt among the fanbase.

Do I think they'll make the playoffs? Yes, but I also think they'll be bounced out immediately. if you can't play defense, you cannot win in the playoffs, period. The Broncos cannot play defense.

• September 24, 2008

TulsaBroncoFan writes:

Uh...Ben....It's not TrueBroncoFan but
    TulsaBroncoFan....whatever though....I am a
    True Bronco Fan...and uh...yeah..that's cool! :)

• September 24, 2008

LOL@Broncohater writes:

Carl,

Not sure if you were responding to my post there, but if so you missed the point. Bronco hater spends so much time moaning about all of the breaks the Broncos got while forgetting that the Saints did not score a TD but were credited with the score. Had they not been given the TD, they likely would have punched it in...However, if the Broncos had been credited with a TD at the goaline, but clearly shouldn't have been, then Bronco hater wouldn't let us hear the end of it.

I do agree, the defense is not turning any heads. The run defense isn't as bad as last year, but they cannot pressure the QB. You give Brees, Rivers all day to throw, they're going to hurt you, no matter who is playing DB.

I think Bronco fans just need to appreciate the fact that we have a promising young offense that has proven that they can do some serious damage on the scoreboard. If they can somehow get their act together on the defense, this team will be formidable for years to come. Bronco hater doesn't want to admit it but Cutler is the real deal.

• September 24, 2008

Travis B. writes:

Jay Cutler has never played in or won a playoff game.

He is not the real deal until he wins 2 playoff games in the same season. By winning two, he can prove that the first win was no fluke.

But until he wins a minimum of 2 playoff games, he's nothing but a pretender.

That's the only thing that matters. Winning. Right now, Jay is a loser.

• September 25, 2008

James writes:

Truer words have never been spoken Travis B.

Bronco fans all over have been hyping Cutler as some kind of Messiah. He's never won anything important. Even his regular season record is ONE GAME above .500. That's it. No playoff games played in, no wins.
    Win at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• September 25, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

"I'd even go as far to say that no NFL football player is a winner until they have a Superbowl ring. Since Jay will never get one of those, he'll be a lifelong loser. Winning IS everything. Nothing else matters at all.
    Win at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Be careful James.....S.R. Will jump down your throat for statements such as these, you'll be branded as a commie and told you are what's wrong with society, just FYI.

I think it's a LITTLE too soon to brand Cutler a life long loser (and not to mention just plain stupid and harsh)....and too soon to be hailing him as the second coming

But good grief, let people have their optimism and lets let him play a few more years before we start labeling him ANYTHING

There could be some Super Bowl Rings to be had, and certainly some heartache, because lets face it, it's the NFL.

But seriously James, lighten up a bit, and let's reserve judgement for a couple years, I seem to remember a certain other Broncos QB being a loser until his 16th time around, so year 3 may be a BIT premature

• September 25, 2008

LOL@Broncohater writes:

Travis B & James...you bronco haters are all the same. First, Culter has to win a playoff game to be considered a real NFL QB...okay...when he does that, you'll require that he make it to the Super Bowl....after that, you'll require that He win a Superbowl. You Haters are all the same. You all said the same thing about Elway.

I guess Marino and Kelly weren't the real deal either. Winning is everything and I guess unless you win a Superbowl, you're not a real NFL QB. That's so stupid.

By Real Deal, we don't mean that he's the best QB to play the game. You all take our comments to mean that Saying that a QB is good, has potential and can be a successful QB in the league, that we're calling him the second coming of Christ. Gimme a Break. That's how you haters spin it. We're not saying that. I think Jay has the talent, the arm and the potential to be a successful QB in the league. That means he's the real deal. 2nd year as a starter...900+ yards, 8 TDs, 2 INTS, 1 sack, 110 passer rating in three games...yeah he sucks.

• September 26, 2008

Howard writes:

If Jay Cutler does lead the Broncos to at least an appearance in the AFC title game this year, he will not be and should not be the Broncos starting quarterback by Training Camp '09. There are plenty of other options for a QB to be had. Also, if the Broncos miss the playoffs this year, Mike Shanahan must resign his position as head coach effective immediately after the season.

• September 29, 2008

howard????? writes:

Howard, you have got to be kidding me plenty of other options at QB????? He's 25

You should not be allowed to post on this, I can't even believe I'm responding to this because you have clearly smoked/snorted too much of something

Please convert to a Raiders fan and stop bringing down the collective IQ of the Broncos fans

• October 2, 2008

Tim writes:

Drew, looks like your cartoon was pretty prophetic. Notice how the Bronco is about to step on the next mine (KC).

It's almost like you knew what was going to happen!