September 6, 2008 12:29 AM

Broncs Zoo animated cartoon: Raider Haters

The Opening Kickoff: Broncs Zoo:

After a brief foray into the Democratic Convention and the craziness of a Presidential campaign, I' m back doing what I love most, drawing about the Broncos. Much has been made this week of the ongoing feud between Mike Sahahan and Al Davis. This, of course is fertile ground for a sports cartoonist and the subject lent itself to a fun animation. Hard to believe I spent , between drawing dailies, the full week working on about 30 seconds of animation. I hope you'll take the time if you are a Raider Hater to send this by e-mail to as many friends as you can. You'll also find it on YouTube if that makes it easier. Just search Rocky Mountain News to find it. If you are a Raiders fan you probably aren't seeing this any way since you have no idea how computers actually work. You have that in common with Cornhuskers fans who live in Nebraska. Enjoy the cartoon and remember, leave a comment after you e-mail the cartoon.

drew0906.gif

• September 8, 2008

Zman writes:

Where can I get me one of those blankies!

• September 8, 2008

Patrick writes:

This is going to be a very, very easy game for the Raiders to win. So easy.

Raiders 34, Broncos 6.

The D-Mac truck will run for over 150 yards and score a couple of TD's.

JaMarcus will pass for another 2.

Cutler gets knocked out for the year courtesy of a Gerard Warren sack. Since I've been seeing many Bronco "fans" laughing about Brady going down, I'll drop that curse on Cutler on behalf of the New England fanbase. Karma is a funny thing. Because of the classlessness of Bronco "fans" thinking Brady's injury is funny, Cutler deserves to be crushed just as well.

Raider Nation goes nuts! A perfect evening!

• September 8, 2008

Scott writes:

1st quarter.

The Broncos cannot stop the run.

The Broncos "Special" teams are still not special.

Nice holding the open Oakland recevier near the goal line.

Nice offsides on the "turnover".

Guess we know which team paid off the refs.

Broncos suck. If you can't do it without cheating, don't do it.

• September 8, 2008

Price writes:

Watching the pathetic Broncos try and draw the Raiders offsides was embarrassing as a Broncos fan.

Weak sauce Shanahan.

• September 8, 2008

CutlerSucks writes:

Cutler is too weak and scared to stand in the pocket and he's not man enough to take a hit. All this guy ever does is roll out and bootleg. What a complete Mary.

• September 8, 2008

Devin B. writes:

Oh, how sweet it is to watch you overzealous Raiders fans eat your words. How does it feel to have a rookie receiver make your corners look like amateurs? You think your QB will be able to get all those turf stains out of his uniform before next week?

Keep dreaming, Oakland -- with Al Davis on the throne, your team will never rule the West.

GO BRONCOS!!!

• September 9, 2008

Anonymous writes:

The problem is Devin, that if I were to take 52 other random people off the street and myself, we could beat the Raiders.
    The Raiders suck beyond words. The Miami Dolphins of last year could have hung 50 on the Raiders of this year. So, the Broncos beating the Raiders has no significance at all. None.
    Eddie Royal is not a number one receiver. Against the Raiders, he would appear that way, yes. But I've never played football in my life and I could make the Pro Bowl if I played against the Raiders.
    If the Broncos beat a fully healthy Chargers team next week by the same margin, then you can start to believe . Until then, the Broncos have accomplished nothing. This was just another meaningless preseason game.
    When, oh, when will Broncos fans get realistic?

• September 9, 2008

Devin B. writes:

You're honestly telling that Cutler didn't look totally composed both in the pocket and out? You're telling me that Eddie Royal -- a ROOKIE -- beating DeAngelo Hall -- a two-time PRO-BOWL CORNER -- wasn't impressive? Forget for a moment that it was the Raiders. That match-up alone gave me hope for the season. With Marshall and Royal on the outside, Stokley in the slot, and three strong tight ends in the line-up, Cutler will have a break-out season. I'm sticking with my 10-6, playoff berth prediction.

• November 18, 2008

Seth writes:

I'm so glad Drew posted this again. Raiders fans are hilarious. You have to have the intelligence of a fly to root for that team.