October 30, 2008 10:44 PM

Halloween: Broncos Boohoohoo

S6CL_DREW1031.gif

Boo Who?
Halloween is supposed to be a fright fest. We are to witness a million different haunting sights and sounds. Then there's always the kid with the one costume. It's so hilarious you can't keep yourself from exploding into laughter. Well this is my nomination for this year.

Got any good costumes you've seen through the years? We're all ears. Leave your comments below. My most memorable costume was worn by John Kascht, a former colleague here at the News who made a brief stop in the early 80's on his road to superstardom. Kascht is an incredibly talented caricaturist whose work has appeared in Time, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, Entertainment weekly, and just about every kind of magazine you've ever read. Anyway, Kascht came to a News Halloween Bash as a Christmas tree. We got him a beer, and plugged him into the corner where he held court for the rest of the night. He wrapped himself in chicken wire and then carefully added artificial branches row by row. He finished it off with strings of lights and tinsel. Every once in awhile he'd call somebody over and throw a present for that person under the tree. It was hilarious. He walked home from the party and car after car stopped to witness the walking tree. Any Police stops that night were in for quite a story. "I swear officer, the tree, it was walking". "Right. Book him. If that's not DUI, I don't know what is." The downside of the story. Kascht itched for weeks.

• October 30, 2008

HopefulNebula writes:

It'd be better if the sheet were full of holes. Like Charlie Brown's costume every year.

And after tonight, you can replace "Broncos" with Avs" and "NFL" with "NHL" for all I care.

I'm dressing as a puck bunny this year. Wearing bunny ears and all the Avs stuff I can wrangle, and covering those in little round black pieces of cardboard. It's a terrible pun, but that's what I like about it.

• November 1, 2008

Charlie writes:

PuckBuddy, that's funny!!

This year I dressed up as Dave Krieger, full pony tail, Hawaiian shirt and a love for Colorado sports!

• November 1, 2008

Cogie Elzea writes:

I see the cartoon today of John Daly despicable!!! If you have ever had a person in your life who struggled with the this disease you would be shuddering too. Yes, he has ruined his life...Yes, he is a falling down alcoholic, but he is to be pitied rather than the object of a cartoon....I usually get a big kick out of your "comic vision" of the sports world but this is just plain nasty!!!! Sorry Drew, although I am sure you don't care that I have enjoyed your cartoons for many years, I am sick with this one.

• November 1, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Wrong, this is the first time I have submitted a comment EVER!!!!!

• November 1, 2008

Justin writes:

Cogie -

Get a life. Alcoholism is NOT a disease. It's a choice. People choose to drink the alcohol. People can make a simple choice to not drink alcohol. Eating "disorders", drug "addiction".....they're all excuses for people to try and gain sympathy. I have absolutely zero sympathy for people who's lives suck because of their own poor decisions.

People need to be responsible for themselves. No one should feel sorry for people who screw up their own lives by making poor choices. They made their beds, now they can lie in them.

• November 1, 2008

Trent writes:

Exactly. I am totally sick and tired of tax dollars going to treament programs to "help" people who made a crappy decision to take drugs or drink too much. Most of these same people who get "help" just end up back in trouble again anyway. They don't work, they drink or shoot up and then expect other people to take care of them. Sickening.