November 28, 2008 9:45 PM

Another sign of the Economy

drew1129.gif

Vote on Mt. Crushmore
Need a break from putting up the lights and shopping? Vote now on your favorite broncos of all-time that will be a part of the Mt. Crushmore drawing I'll be doing once your votes are tallied. So go, vote, now.

• November 29, 2008

stan writes:

What drew my boy, nothing lamenting the Duff's loss?

• November 29, 2008

Mike writes:

Drew hasn't done a toon on the Buffs since they were 3-0.

That pretty much says it all right there.

• November 29, 2008

Dirk writes:

Yeah. It's funny. Drew will draw a toon about the Buffs while the going is good, but he'll refrain from drawing one that shows the Buffs in a bad light, like missing out on Bowl season.
    Meanwhile, he'll slam the Nuggets, Avs and Broncos at any cost.
    Face it Drew, the Huskers kicked (literally....57 yards worth) your precious Buffs out of Nebraska.

• November 29, 2008

Kent In Pueblo writes:

Drew never rips on the Buffs. He'll always throw a toon up when they're winning, but never when they get their ass handed to them. Typical. I am so very happy that the Buffs got knocked out by Nebraska. Fitting revenge. Now to see if Dan Hawkins has the onions to send his son packing in favor of a real quarterback. I doubt it. Family is obviously more important than winning to Dan Hawkins. Guess CU feels that way as well, since they gave Hawkins an extension. CU won't win 4 games next year.

GO BIG RED!!!!

• November 30, 2008

Scott In Boulder writes:

I am, for the first time ever, going to agree with the Nebraska fans here.

The CU Football program is the worst I have ever seen.

We have a coach who plays favorites with his own son, instead of trying to recruit a decent QB.

We have a kicker who has made, what? 5 of about 16 field goals this season?

What was this garbage about Dan Hawkins coming in and fixing what was broken? Well...another wheel fell off this season, Dan. What on Earth do you plan to do now? Make it into a sled?

For all you Buffs fans making personal attacks on people from Nebraska about things that have nothing to do with college football....you are an embarrassment to the state of Colorado. From your comments, the only bowl you seem to have any interest in is the kind you smoke.

Nebraska took a first year coach and turned their program around in ONE YEAR. It's year THREE for Hawkins, and he has the program in worse shape that when it started. Don't even think about bringing injuries in as an excuse either.

• November 30, 2008

BroncoFan24 writes:

Good win by the Broncos.

I see that San Diego lost to Atlanta.

While that may make several Bronco fans very happy, it was pretty clear weeks ago that the Chargers were not going to overcome the loss of Merriman and having an L.T. playing at about 40% health. The problem for the Broncos is that they're going to make the playoffs and be knocked out early. Meanwhile, the Chargers get a very good draft slot and will have ample time to get everyone healthy during the offseason.

The Chargers will be back next year. The Broncos will still have massive issues with their defense unless they totally clean house. Their showing against the Jets was what it was because they were lucky enough to have this game at Invesco Field and not in New York.

I'm still completely unconvinced that this Bronco team is special. At this point, I would rather they go for the better draft pick. But unfortunately, they'll make the postseason. This is one year where winning the division is not the best option.

• November 30, 2008

Ontoneyo writes:

Drew,

I am a Denver native and long time fan of your toons. I am glad to see with the continuing media convergence that you are adapting well. First off, I am glad when I see you toons deal with something non-sports related in a satirical way. I do disagree with these buff fans, and haters, Denver is just not a college football town, and the demographic of people who who care is slim. What I do want to see is a redition of Billups. His physical features should be great to work with and should be funny to see.

• November 30, 2008

Ontoneyo writes:

Drew,

• November 30, 2008

Ontoneyo writes:

Drew,

• November 30, 2008

Anonymous writes:

Drew,

• November 30, 2008

Nick T. writes:

A Quadruple Post.

Just hit the SUBMIT button ONCE!!!!!!!

• November 30, 2008

BroncoFan24 writes:

I realized I had erred in my post above. I had intended to write that it was a good thing that the game WAS NOT played at Invesco Field and was in fact played in New York.
    The reason is simple enough. The Broncos just no longer play well at home. Had this game been at Invesco, the outcome would surely have been much different.

• December 1, 2008

dude writes:

Drew-
    Thank you for the great toon. I wish that I could scrape enough money together to take my kids to a game. It makes me sick to see (the Jets fans in particular) an empty stadium before the end of the game when I can't afford to go in the first place.

Buffs fans and foes will complain as much as the Broncos fans and foes. I challange ANYONE to put out good quality toons like Drew can and cover all of the sports folleys from Denver area teams. The Broncos provide WAY TOO MUCH fodder for good toons and it is not a surprise that there is little time left for one depicting how the Buffs are living up to the expectations of the season. Keep up the good work Drew!!