November 14, 2008 11:38 PM

BCS mess

drew1114.gif

Here We Go Again
It's that time of year again when the BCS starts to unravel and we're left with yet another year of no playoffs. For crying out loud, just how many years is it gonna take? My cartoon really depicts what I think goes on behind closed doors in BCS meetings. It's about as good a solution as some inane computer rankings.

Please Mr. President
President elect Barack Obama said recently on Monday night football if he could do one thing in sports what would it be. Playoffs in college football was his answer. I say fix that first and then worry about the economy. First things first I say.

• November 15, 2008

George writes:

I hope you're joking Drew. The economy is quite a bit more important than a kids game.

Who cares about College football? It's all rigged anway. We know who has a chance every year. We know who doesn't. It's scripted just like a screenplay.

It's fixed. Period.

• November 15, 2008

Chris writes:

I think you need to learn how to take a joke and if college football made a playoff it would fix SO many problems and make it WAY more popular

• November 15, 2008

Jim writes:

George, I hope your joking. I was playing Candyland the other night & never once thought the economy would help me win the game.

• November 16, 2008

George writes:

The fact that you were playing Candyland says a lot about you Jim. Maybe too much. There's such a thing as too much information.

• November 16, 2008

Chris writes:

Does anyone else think George is an idiot?

• November 17, 2008

Michael writes:

George - a lot of people with children play candyland. The fact that Jim was playing candyland says he is probably a good parent, paying attention to his kids.
    Besides, the fact that you are so incredibly cynical is more information then I want to know about you.