December 16, 2008 11:09 PM

Bowl Season?

crushmore1212.gif

Mt. Crushmore prints, t-shirts, mouse pads and more now available
If you're looking for a unique last minute holiday gift then maybe Mt. Crushmore is the answer. With the help of the folks at Cafe Press, Mt. Crushmore merchandise is now on on sale at the grand opening of my new online shop. To see what's available just click here Littoonz Studios store

Today's Toon: Bore Games

Drew1217.gif

Please oh, please...Playoffs!

• December 17, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

I love the idea of an 8 team playoff, most people do

Hard to argue with the BCS championship game this year, they got it right and it should be a great game

• December 17, 2008

[-=m2=-] writes:

Couldn't agree more. BCS championship should be a good game.

Can you imagine if Oklahoma barely wins, and Texas beats Ohio St. handily? Couldn't Texas have an argument? Especially in light of the "tie breaker" determining who played Mizzou in the Big 12 championship. How many teams get to say, "yeah, we beat the national champions this year."

I'm rooting for that scenario if it means getting us closer to a college football playoff.

• December 18, 2008

Jeremy writes:

Wow Drew, you must have a good agent, or have different intellectual property rights in the newspaper industry than I'm used to elsewhere. I would expect the Mt. Crushmore merchandise to be under the rights of the Rocky.
    Kudos to you if you've got the authority to sell on the side that which you've created on the paper's dime.

• December 18, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

Drew, I appreciate your art, and Jeremy is a dillhole for what he said, thanks for doing what you do, it gives all of us a good place to talk, argue, discuss sports and I appreciate what you do!

• December 18, 2008

Quanzabot writes:

• December 18, 2008

Drew writes:

The negativity that spews forth from the comments on this blog never ceases to amaze me. Makes me wish sometimes that we would just stop posting them altogether. I'm not quite sure why someone would be concerned about what I do or don't do with the artwork I create here for the News on a daily basis. For years I have sold original cartoons with the funds going to the Denver Dumb Friends League. Ed Stein has done similar charitable giving when selling his originals. But if you must know, the Mt. Crushmore image is being sold in partnership, WITH the Rocky Mountain News receiving an equal portion of the proceeds from items sold on the store site. I just thought readers might like a way to put the image of Mt. Crushmore on something different than newsprint or computer printer paper and maybe give it as a Christmas present to someone. In years gone by we had a marketing department at the News that could fill orders for books or prints or posters of images found in the News. We no longer have the staffing to do that, so there are several sites we can use to provide readers a way to order a t-shirt, coffee mug, or print of that particular image. Someone from that company then fills the order and ships the item. As you may or may not know, the News is for sale. If they don't find a buyer, there is a chance that the News will shut down, I will be without the job I love so much, the readers I treasure and my career as a sports cartoonist will possibly come to an end. Quite honestly, I'd love nothing more than to share with you in this next month the feelings I have for how lucky and blessed I've been to draw these cartoons for the Rocky Mountain News and, for you, the readers. That's what I want this holiday season. It's been such a great ride. Can't we just finish it with a little peace?

• December 22, 2008

Jeremy writes:

Drew,
    Re-read my comment, and tell me where there is any sense of negativity, sarcasm, ill-will, or malice. Quite the contrary, my exact words are "Kudos to you..." I haven't used the word 'kudos' in some time, but last I recall it had the meaning of being a friendly congratulator. Both the literal reading of that text, as well as the intention behind them is that of well-wishing. As an employee myself, I was extending you earnest congratulations for having the intellectual rights you do.
    Despite the hostile and ill-thought response you have given me, I still have no malice toward you, for, to use your words, I'd rather embody the Christmas spirit.