January 6, 2009 12:42 AM

Pat Bowlen in the Bleak Midwinter

DREW010609.gif

He who laughs last or the jokes one you
Imagine this. You live in a simple upper class American home right next door to a palatial mansion the size of the state of Alaska. The monstrosity just happens to belong to the guy you just fired. That's the scenario playing out in the ritzy part of town between the Bowlen's and the Shanahan's. You know deep down inside somebody's not happy about it and you can bet it isn't Shanahan.

• January 6, 2009

Jeremy writes:

Let me get this straight, Bowlen is unhappy because he has a smaller house than Shanahan? Considering that the Broncos are worth approximately $1Billion, I don't think Shanny's $21 million in outstanding contract money, nor his Alaska-sized house, is really that disturbing to Bowlen. That's just my hunch though.
    BTW, I loved the toon on the Shanahan moving day.

• January 7, 2009

Dave writes:

I really don't think that Pat Bowlen cares about the size of the house that Shanahan owns. But I am pretty sure that come 2010 that the Broncos will not be a superbowl bound team no matter who the new coach is.

• January 7, 2009

Jacob writes:

Have the Ravens, Dolphins, Falcons, and Seahawks not taught us anything this year? Before the season if you would've said that Miami and Atlanta would go a combined 22-10 people would have laughed you out the door. Conversely, if you would've said that Seattle would end up with the fourth pick in the draft, most people would have called you an idiot. It's absolutely impossible to predict the future in this league. For all we know, the Broncos could reach the Super Bowl next year, or they could be drafting 1st. So people like Dave need to get off their high horse and realize that not even the experts know anything about this league.

• January 7, 2009

Anonymous writes:

The Broncos can't win a Super Bowl unless they cheat the salary cap.

• January 7, 2009

Alan writes:

Jacob -

Who are the Denver Broncos playing this coming weekend? I have forgotten. Please remind me.

• January 7, 2009

Dave writes:

Jacob, I CAN predict that the Raiders will not be a division winner next year or in the near future. And I am pretty sure that The analysts who study the NFL teams religously are not going to say the Broncos are going to the superbowl next year because they have a new coach and GM. Especially when the defense this year sucked and when the Broncos drop the last three games and get BLOWN OUT 52-21. Jacob, this isn't about me being on a high horse. This is about HISTORY and recent history says that the Broncos have a lot of work even they want to be considered a Superbowl favorite.

• January 7, 2009

Jacob writes:

Hey jackass, did I say once that they're going to be good or that they are good? I just said that every season we have teams that we thought were lousy be good and teams that we thought would be good be lousy.

• January 9, 2009

Dave writes:

Jacob there is no need to blow a gasket okay I see your point but my point is that if you are not winning superbowls a hot streak during the regular season doesn't mean anything.

• January 9, 2009

Ryan C writes:

Yeah, Shanahan is laughing about this whole situation. What an inaccurate and obtuse take on the situation.

Sure, no one should feel sorry for Shanahan because he is due all those millions... but he is not laughing about getting fired

• January 15, 2009

Bowlzo the Clown writes:

Bowlzo the Clown is has decided that he's going to go out like Al Davis, with a coaching carosel.