- Gov. Ritter’s executive order for unions
- When will people be held accountable?
- Noisy neighbors are inconsiderate
- Passage of A through I good for children
- Congrats to Michael Mukasey
- Modifications to Title VII
- Election counting problems
- Homeless veterans
- Pakistan the most dangerous
- Fair elections need to be implemented
Congrats to Michael Mukasey
This letter has not been edited.
Since torture makes make our job of winning the heart and minds of the Muslim people more difficult, thus costing more American lives and making any kind of success in Iraq all the more unlikely, and exposes Americans to greater risk of being tortured, to say nothing about further eroding our credibility in the world when that credibility is most badly needed, torture needs to be outlawed.
I don't fault Mukasey for declining to take a stand on waterboarding before he gets into office where he can become more fully informed.Posted by Truth on November 16, 2007 06:43 PM
Mukasey is already as "informed" as he'll ever be. The pro-torture-anti-abortionists have replaced the former Inquisitor and Torturer General of the United States with a clone. That's all there is left in Washington. The Nation will just have to hang in there, and hang on, till the Democrats win in 2008.Posted by Old Grouch on November 17, 2007 11:24 AM